Contribute
Register

[solved] AppleBacklight.kext injector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reverted SSDT-IGPU & SSDT-PNLF, added SSDT-Config, nothing changed :(

Where is your patched EDID coming from?
Reports are it is not needed in 10.12.4. Undo it. Regen AppleBacklightInjector.kext with native EDID/vendor/display-id.

You didn't mention any details on the nature of the problem.

Note on current state:
Your AppleBacklightInjector.kext does not match your PNLF patch. _UID is 10. Your injector only has a configuration for _UID=15.

Last edited:
Where is your patched EDID coming from.
Reports are it is not needed in 10.12.4. Undo it. Regen AppleBacklightInjector.kext with native EDID/vendor/display-id.
I'm not sure what you mean... I'm not using any patched EDID, never had to, as I didn't have the PrefPane issue in the first place.

You didn't mention any details on the nature of the problem.
The problem is that I loose backlight control completely when I install the injector kext.

Note on current state:
Your AppleBacklightInjector.kext does not match your PNLF patch. _UID is 10. Your injector only has a configuration for _UID=15.
Oh I haven't paid much attention about that, I'll go check now.

Note on current state:
That did it! Changed _UID to 0x0f and that made it work.
Now my backlight control is working with full range.
Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean... I'm not using any patched EDID, never had to, as I didn't have the PrefPane issue in the first place.

So your native panel has a vendor-id of 0x610?

So your native panel has a vendor-id of 0x610?
Yes. But why did you think I was using a patched EDID? o_O

EDIT: No, the product-id is 0x610, the vendor-id is 0x9e5.

Last edited:
Yes. But why did you think I was using a patched EDID? o_O

EDIT: No, the product-id is 0x610, the vendor-id is 0x9e5.

That must have been where I mixed up... just saw the 0x610 and knew it is typical apple display-id...

Note: Probably better to change the uid in the patch_backlight.sh script (I was experimenting at one point with different _UID that match Apple displays).

Note: Probably better to change the uid in the patch_backlight.sh script (I was experimenting at one point with different _UID that match Apple displays).
Would that make any difference?

Also, can you please tell me what the actual code that's needed for AppleBacklight.kext is? I don't really use this generic SSDTs...

Would that make any difference?

No. But I will update the patch_backlight.sh script in the u430 repo to use uid=10 instead of uid=15, such that it matches most PNLF implementations out there...

Also, can you please tell me what the actual code that's needed for AppleBacklight.kext is? I don't really use this generic SSDTs...

Read SSDT-PNLF.dsl.

No. But I will update the patch_backlight.sh script in the u430 repo to use uid=10 instead of uid=15, such that it matches most PNLF implementations out there...

Read SSDT-PNLF.dsl.
I'm not sure it's clear what each part of SSDT-PNLF does...

Is the whole SystemMemory OR needed?
Also I believe GDID and BAR1 are for dev-id determination right? And since I don't need that I want to get rid of this code...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back