Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: failed getting NVRAM.... using 16384 buffer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z390 E-Gaming
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I must be an idiot.... I have:

1) Carefully followed the High Sierra Install Instructions, (Even disabled SIP, downloaded High Sierra, Sandisk USB, No Graphics options)

2) Loaded all Optimised Defaults and Carefully PDF searched in my MB UEFI BIOS Manual and set all suggested parameters. - except I can't find a USB3 disable (although only suggested for AMI BIOS systems, not mine)

3) "F8" Booted from USB into Clover boot menu

4) Finally found "-v" switch to let me know why the progress bar would fill (after hours, even left overnight) but never load into installation

5) Searched similar issues on these forums and found people saying:
- At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection is a fix, - However no solve for me.
- Someone else said: FakeCPUID for potentially unsupported CPU (9900K vs KS) - However no solve for me.

7) System will be NVMe M.2 970 EVO PLUS clone once installed successfully on the current 850 EVO

System is:
i9 9900KS
ASUS ROG Z390 E-Gaming
G.Skill 32GB RAM 3600MHz (manually set to 2133MHz in BIOS)
EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid (Currently removed for install purposes)
NVMe M.2 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (Currently substituted with Samsung EVO 500GB for install)

Please help..!! This is my first Hackintosh, and I'm trying to follow the rules and guides, however each OSX version has different recommendations and setups - High Sierra because of the 1080Ti

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 511
Search for 1279.

Search for 1279.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but this is not a good response for a new user.

Virtually all the search results are just other people with the same problem and no answers except you replying "Search 1279"

Am I supposed to be using different software than stated in the installation guides?

A Good answer would have been "Search 1279" AND "It's your Hardware config" or "It's your BIOS config" or "You need to look at all the advanced guides.

Could you at least link the relevant forum post that you are referring to please.

Last edited:
I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but this is not a good response for a new user.

Virtually all the search results are just other people with the same problem and no answers except you replying "Search 1279"

Am I supposed to be using different software than stated in the installation guides?

A Good answer would have been "Search 1279" AND "It's your Hardware config" or "It's your BIOS config" or "You need to look at all the advanced guides.

Could you at least link the relevant forum post that you are referring to please.

Thank you for that link and quick response, but what is that software from the screen shot?

It's nothing from the High Sierra Installation Guide..

Do I need other software, the High Sierra Guide says to use UniBeast and MultiBeast

Thank you for that link and quick response, but what is that software from the screen shot?

It's nothing from the High Sierra Installation Guide..

Do I need other software, the High Sierra Guide says to use UniBeast and MultiBeast
the software in use is called clover configurator, you can use it to edit your config.plist

Reading and learning about Clover Configurator (Info which Needs to be added to the install guides)

That Post you linked:
This is an ACPI Patch for the people who update to the last bios and can't boot.
My board is the MSI B360A-Pro and has the latest bios 7B22v27.

First add the patch (the blue line from the picture) to clover config, then apply the Bios update.
To easily add the patch using terminal, read post

View attachment 398459

and the #48 post referenced on that link states:

I've put the patch into a file that you can merge into you config.plist using plistbuddy. After unzipping the file the command in Terminal would look something like this:

Bash:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ACPI_Patch :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Except I'm getting this warning in Terminal:
"
Jareds-MacBook-Pro:~ Jared$ /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ACPI_Patch :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Merge: Error Reading File: ACPI_Patch

Jareds-MacBook-Pro:~ Jared$
"

Where are the files supposed to be located when merging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back