Contribute
Register

SOLVED - AMD RX 6800 XT (No Acceleration) BAD NVME

Try this config.plist with the EFI Folder, I have enabled SetupVirtualMap quirk, it was disabled previously.

Add your serial number to the config before you use it.

Assumption is you are still using the RX580 dGPU.

Attachments

• config-2.plist
    22.9 KB · Views: 27
That configuration file is giving me the same error.

I know the computer boots with the 580 using the other EFI folder that I posted. It will even boot with the 6800 using that EFI folder, but I have no acceleration and it’s unusable.

Attachments

• DD872D25-864D-442A-A2EF-B58B0F860682.jpeg
    DD872D25-864D-442A-A2EF-B58B0F860682.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
That's what I'm trying to fix with the revised EFI and config.plist. I is also why I said to use the revised EFI on a spare USB, so you still have access to your working EFI.

The problem is that the EXITBS:START error can be caused by a number of different elements/issues, as shown in the link you posted. Plus different motherboards/chipsets/CPUs react differently to the quirks that are commonly used to fix these issues.

I will have a look at this again tomorrow, as it is 11.13pm here in London and I need to sign off for the night.

That's what I'm trying to fix with the revised EFI and config.plist. I is also why I said to use the revised EFI on a spare USB, so you still have access to your working EFI.

The problem is that the EXITBS:START error can be caused by a number of different elements/issues, as shown in the link you posted. Plus different motherboards/chipsets/CPUs react differently to the quirks that are commonly used to fix these issues.

I will have a look at this again tomorrow, as it is 11.13pm here in London and I need to sign off for the night.
I am not dead in the water. I have it all loaded on a pen drive. My original EFI is in tact and still working.

Is there an easy plist compare tool?

Yes, Corpnewt's OCConfigCompare script. This will compare your config.plist against the OC release Sample.plist, and tell you if any entries are missing.

But you might want to use a Diff app not a compare script, as you probably want to see what is different between the two configs, rather than compare the config against the Sample.plist from the OC release.

Try this config-3.plist and see if the changes to the DisableIoMapper and SetVirtualMap quirks helps.

Attachments

• config-3.plist.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 38
I tried that one and got the same error.

I removed the NVME 970, which I didn't think would cause errors as it wasn't the boot volume, and it didn't make a difference.

I had both cards installed and I was just swapping power between them. I've since removed the 6800 and I am just on the RX580.

After making both of those changes this morning I reset NVRAM and tried the USB stick with @Edhawk 's EFI folder and I am still at that annoying Error "EXITBS:START".

I have tried multiple USB Sticks in multiple ports.

I am just going line by line through this, to see if something is preventing the hack from booting with the EFI folder you gave me.

Last edited:
I am stuck.

Back