Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am replacing my RX 580 with This card. From what I understand, it should be natively compatible with Ventura.

Do I need to change my boot args when I put it in?

Currently, this is what I am using for boot arguments, and my computer has been rock solid.

"keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1"

I don't know if I need to change this or anything in the config.plist

I am replacing my RX 580 with This card. From what I understand, it should be natively compatible with Ventura.

Do I need to change my boot args when I put it in?

Currently, this is what I am using for boot arguments, and my computer has been rock solid.

"keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1"

I don't know if I need to change this or anything in the config.plist
you will need to add:
agdpmod=pikera

If I add that before I install the card since it hasn't arrived yet, will it cause problems?

Last edited:
Just add it to your config.plist boot arguments immediately before you switch GPUs.

Then you don't have to worry about whether the boot argument will cause any issues in your setup.

before you upgrade to Navi, if you wanted to use Display port, be careful, all Navi (5000/6000 series) have issues with random black screen if that matters to you. only HDMI works perfectly.

I thought a 650 w PSU would cut it, but the box is saying a 750 w PSU, and the hack isn't getting to the ASUS screen.

Last edited:
My hack is freezing and displaying the beach ball (no acceleration).

In windows, I'm getting a Blue screen randomly, which I need to check when I get home I think its a driver issue.

I have been trying to go through the old threads about this issue of lack of acceleration in MacOS but I dont know what else to do.

This is my boot Flag.

keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera

Ill look more when I get home, but this is the device ID from a question on amazon (PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_73BF&SUBSYS_439E1DA2&REV_C1)

Any ideas why? Does this look correct??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 5.50.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 5.50.21 PM.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@Edhawk do you have any recommendations?

You need to populate the prev-Lang:kbd entry. Leaving this option empty can cause issues on some systems.

You need to change the type from Data to String and then add en-US:0 or whatever keyboard layout you use.

I made a few changes last night.
  1. I made the change on pre-lang
  2. I re-implemented this boot flag keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera
  3. I fixed the driver issue in windows.
The card is now working beautifully in windows.

In Mac OS everything seems to be fine at the boot screen. I pick my drive at the drive picker screen then, the apple logo and a loading bar appear, until the display output stops and the screen turns off. I then reset the computer to try again since it appears that the computer isn't booting.

I am thinking that maybe I need to reset NVRAM, and try again.

Back