Contribute
Register

SOLVED - AMD RX 6800 XT (No Acceleration) BAD NVME

Not vauge at all if you read the thread.
"I am stuck" is a pointless response after 5/6 days after your previous response

no one has an idea of what you have tried doing since then

maybe give more information along with your zipped EFI then someone may be able to help

this is devices Properties of Amd Rx 6800 in OpenCore VDADecoder Fully Supported

Attachments

• AMD RADEON RX6800.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 48
I tried that one and got the same error.

I removed the NVME 970, which I didn't think would cause errors as it wasn't the boot volume, and it didn't make a difference.

I had both cards installed and I was just swapping power between them. I've since removed the 6800 and I am just on the RX580.

After making both of those changes this morning I reset NVRAM and tried the USB stick with @Edhawk 's EFI folder and I am still at that annoying Error "EXITBS:START".

I have tried multiple USB Sticks in multiple ports.

I am just going line by line through this, to see if something is preventing the hack from booting with the EFI folder you gave me.
Do you have the RX580 and 6800 installed at the same time?

You should completely remove the unneeded for testing. Power for a graphics card is supplied both through the slot and cable, so the card without the cable may be partly alive on the bus.

As the hack config is contradictory for these cards, it's potentially a problem on mac side, while Windows may be more tolerant.

Do you have the RX580 and 6800 installed at the same time?

You should completely remove the unneeded for testing. Power for a graphics card is supplied both through the slot and cable, so the card without the cable may be partly alive on the bus.

As the hack config is contradictory for these cards, it's potentially a problem on mac side, while Windows may be more tolerant.

I did have both installed at the same time at one point. I found out what the problem was.

My NVME drive was bad. I ended up throwing it away since it wouldn't work on Linux, windows, or mac.

Now, I am booted everything appears to work albeit small issues here and there.

I'm going to mark the title as solved.

That discovery makes total sense because the logs you posted all show panics in the NVMe driver code.

Back