Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I do. It pretty much works for me. I used hot patching for ACPI so it should be independent of BIOS version. The sources for the SSDTs are in a folder sibling to "patched" called "sources". You may benefit from taking a look. Regards

Hello David,
Firstly thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it!
Now,
This what you have just sent me, i can make no sense of it.
Its like i know english, and you have sent me a spanish book to read.
What are we doing here?
Where did you get all those SSDT's in the sources folder, how do i generate them?
How do i patch them?
Unfortunately, i have the 6700hq, else i would have used your setup completely, which is ofcourse not recommended.
But in this case, could you kindly tell me how to proceed?

Ohh and btw i was able to boot with your EFI.
And so far so good. x86platformplugin is not loaded i.e no native power management. But rest of things are working good and look in place.
Should i keep using yours, or should i be doing the whole thing what you did for myself?
Also, @RehabMan what is your view on this?

Last edited:
I use HWMonitor to check and the CPU package multiplier changes from 8 to 39 so I think power management works for the CPU. Sleep/Wake also work. In
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched I put SSDT-CPU.aml. I generated it using Piker Alpha script for ssdt-PrGen.sh for my CPU and then I deleted Plugin Type = 1 from it.

If I leave Plugin Type = 1, I can only boot the laptop with the AC adapter connected, which is rather inconvenient.

You should check to see if everything works for you. If that is the case... don't change it!

Okay so ill update you with what is happening.
I'm currently using your EFI as it is. The reason being:
When i replace your SSDT-CPU with my ssdtprgen generated SSDT, i get the same old problem of not being able to boot after a shutdown, unless connected to a charger.
So with your setup, i was not getting sound and a few other things, most of which ive sorted.
But lets see how this plays out, as my CPU is different than yours, but im using your ssdt.
Either ways, thanks a lot for all the help.
I'll keep you and others posted on future updates!
Regards.

You can always decompile the SSDT for your CPU with iasl, delete Plugin Type = 1 and then compile it again with iasl to put it in the "patched" directory.

You can always decompile the SSDT for your CPU with iasl, delete Plugin Type = 1 and then compile it again with iasl to put it in the "patched" directory.

Yeah, but somehow my SSDT causes the shutdown problem. While other people's SSDT im easily able to use.
I have no clue why that is happening.
Either ways thanks again!

Hello, alienware 15 R2 gtx 965m working in High Sierra with HDMI ?

Hello, alienware 15 R2 gtx 965m working in High Sierra with HDMI ?
You'll need to read the whole thread to see, I think there has been limited success. I have the same model, but I couldn't get the video working correctly because of the 4K screen.

I installed High Sierra on mine, along with Nvidia's web driver, but the video card and HDMI do not work. I really need HDMI, wonder if there's a solution? Maybe with DSDT? I just do not know how to use it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back