Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very silly mistake on my side. Ignore it please.
Okay so done, nvidia is disabled.
My files are attached.
Although my HDMI output doesnt work. Since i had Nvidia dedicated for HDMI on my laptop.
Am i missing anything now?

P.S - I read your posts on other threads where people have two GPU's not in an optimus configuration.
So apparently i dont need to disable the nvidia right?

ALSO 1 BIG ISSUE:
when i shut down the device. it doesnt boot again unless power cable is connected.
how do i solve this? :S

If Nvidia is directly attached to the HDMI, in order to have functional HDMI you will need to allow the Nvidia device to remain enabled and find a way to make it work either with native Nvidia kexts or the Nvidia web drivers.

If Nvidia is directly attached to the HDMI, in order to have functional HDMI you will need to allow the Nvidia device to remain enabled and find a way to make it work either with native Nvidia kexts or the Nvidia web drivers.

Kept Nvidia device enabled. HDMI working with Nvidia web drivers.

The main issue now is, when i shut down, I cant boot again unless i connect the power adapter.
How can i solve this issue? :S

Kindly check the files.
Thanks & Regards.

Attachments

• debug_12107.zip
    4 MB · Views: 84
Kept Nvidia device enabled. HDMI working with Nvidia web drivers.

The main issue now is, when i shut down, I cant boot again unless i connect the power adapter.
How can i solve this issue? :S

Kindly check the files.
Thanks & Regards.

You will need to provide details on "cant boot again".

You will need to provide details on "cant boot again".

So once i shut down the mac.
After that, if i press the power button, nothing starts, No display, no backlight keys, no power or disk light, nothing.
It doesnt start if i long press the button or just click it.
Now as soon as i connect the power adapter, it instantly starts even without the press of the power button.
Im not sure what is going wrong.
This doesnt happen with windows, i just checked. Its just with the mac.
Restart works just fine.
Kindly let me know if you see anything here.
Thanks!

So once i shut down the mac.
After that, if i press the power button, nothing starts, No display, no backlight keys, no power or disk light, nothing.
It doesnt start if i long press the button or just click it.
Now as soon as i connect the power adapter, it instantly starts even without the press of the power button.
Im not sure what is going wrong.
This doesnt happen with windows, i just checked. Its just with the mac.
Restart works just fine.
Kindly let me know if you see anything here.
Thanks!

Could be DSDT issue. For example, you didn't patch for _OSI("Darwin")...

Could be DSDT issue. For example, you didn't patch for _OSI("Darwin")...

So i tried removing the DSDT from the patched folder as there was just one patch i had done, which was auto restart on shutdown with power adapter.

But even after removing, this shutdown issue persists, im not able to boot without connecting the adapter.
Im not sure whats going wrong, this problem hasnt occured before with the old clover.

So i tried removing the DSDT from the patched folder as there was just one patch i had done, which was auto restart on shutdown with power adapter.

But even after removing, this shutdown issue persists, im not able to boot without connecting the adapter.
Im not sure whats going wrong, this problem hasnt occured before with the old clover.

For details on patching ACPI, including _OSI("Darwin") handling ("OS Check Fix" patches), refer to the ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232985/

For details on patching ACPI, including _OSI("Darwin") handling ("OS Check Fix" patches), refer to the ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232985/

Okay ill definitely check it out.
But what i dont understand is, even after I removed the DSDT from the patched folder, still the Patch on the DSDT (XHC.PMEE) which i had applied for auto restart on shutdown is working.
Shouldnt that patch stop working as soon as i remove the DSDT?

But what i dont understand is, even after I removed the DSDT from the patched folder, still the Patch on the DSDT (XHC.PMEE) which i had applied for auto restart on shutdown is working.

You realize your assertion is patently false/impossible, right?

You realize your assertion is patently false/impossible, right?

Of course i understand.
But now when i removed the DSDT. And when im shutting down with a power adapter it is not restarting.
Its shutting down. So without the XHC.PMEE patch the restart issue has solved.
How do we explain that?
Also maybe the nvram.plist has some data stored which is causing this issue?
This issue isnt going away, i tried a bunch of things.

I have currently removed the DSDT. So i dont think the problem is with the DSDT.
This didnt happen before. I did change the file IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext to get the old sleep slider back.
What do you think the issue is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back