Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia 970m is connected to the one and only HDMI port which is at the back of the device.
HDMI only outputs via Nvidia in windows.

Then you must focus on getting the Nvidia drivers to work.

Then you must focus on getting the Nvidia drivers to work.

Solved the HDMI video out problem using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
Now the video shows up fine, but there is no HDMI audio.
The Audio comes out through laptop speakers.

For everyone looking here are all my files.

Attachments

• debug_19598.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 102
Solved the HDMI video out problem using NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
Now the video shows up fine, but there is no HDMI audio.
The Audio comes out through laptop speakers.

For everyone looking here are all my files.

You will need to read up on HDMI audio with Nvidia (it involves injecting a few properties like "hda-gfx" and "layout-id", and adding HDAU@0 device).

I would probably use ACPI (add-on SSDT) to do it, since you need to add the HDAU device anyway.

Okay, So now i've extensively used the mac on my alienware 15 r2 and here are the updates and issues that i'm facing.

1. The Sound.
Sometimes i have sound, while most of the other times, i dont have any sound.

2. Trackpad and mouse scrolling problem.
I need different scroll directions for both trackpad and mouse, but since the trackpad is also picked up as a mouse, i cant do it, which really bugs me.

3. The Temperature and Battery.
The temperatures are higher on the mac and the battery drains much much faster, than on the windows.

4. Color Profiles.
There doesnt seem to be any proper color profiles that match our 4k display, so currently im using sRGB from the given options of color profiles, i wanted to know if anybody knows of a better solution for proper color calibration.

5. While on power.
When the power is connected, and i try shut down, it still restarts. The only way to restart is to remove the power, not a big issue, but just things that i'm noticing.

6. HDMI audio still doesnt work.

Attaching my debug files,
any help will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_14761.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 98
Okay, So now i've extensively used the mac on my alienware 15 r2 and here are the updates and issues that i'm facing.

1. The Sound.
Sometimes i have sound, while most of the other times, i dont have any sound.

You are injecting layout-id=0. Not valid.

2. Trackpad and mouse scrolling problem.
I need different scroll directions for both trackpad and mouse, but since the trackpad is also picked up as a mouse, i cant do it, which really bugs me.

Not a feature.
(Apple's design)

3. The Temperature and Battery.
The temperatures are higher on the mac and the battery drains much much faster, than on the windows.

You neglected to disable the Nvidia hardware.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.232989/

5. While on power.
When the power is connected, and i try shut down, it still restarts. The only way to restart is to remove the power, not a big issue, but just things that i'm noticing.

All USB devices disconnected?

6. HDMI audio still doesnt work.

Audio working is a pre-requisite.

You are injecting layout-id=0. Not valid.

Okay so i removed that now, still doesnt work.
Also tried: Detect,No. & reset HDA.
Doesnt work.
Previously it used to work, now it doesnt work at all.

Not a feature.

Yeah i know, but i was trying to use app like scroll reverser to individually change the scroll directions.
But it doesnt work, since i think both the trackpad and mouse are acting as external devices, while the trackpad should be a built in option. Im not at all sure about this, so it may help if you can throw some light on this.

I see, its quite detailed so ill definitely check it out. Thanks.

All USB devices disconnected?

Yup all usb devices disconnected.

Thanks for all the help rehabman! _/\_

kindly check the attachment.

Attachments

• debug_25396.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
Scroll direction option already addressed (it is as per Apple design).

What are the specifics with "shutdown issue"?

1. Okay so when the power is connected and I shut down, the computer restarts, even when no usb devices are connected.

2. Another thing I wanted to ask about is the colour profiles, How do I choose a proper colour profile for my laptop?

Im currently using sRGB IEC61966-2.1 which seems close enough to the colors that should be on the screen, but is there some manual adjustment needed, do I need to do anything to get this right?

3. For the battery drain and temperatures issue,

As per your suggestion I followed the thread, it gave DSDT,SSDT-16 and SSDT-6 as the concerned files for the _OFF & _INI methods.

But the files don't have a EC (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SPIN (0x96, Zero) like this for example.

So what do I fix now?

Im attaching these three files along with the debug script files.

Kindly check and tell me.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks a LOT.

Attachments

• debug_26580.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 67
  • ssdt:dsdt.zip
    86 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back