Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you forgot to read the FAQ.

No No, i Did read it. I remember that exact point. But i just shared this for your info. I thought maybe it can help.
What do you suggest rehabman? As per your experience what's going wrong with my overall setup?

No No, i Did read it. I remember that exact point. But i just shared this for your info. I thought maybe it can help.
What do you suggest rehabman? As per your experience what's going wrong with my overall setup?

Check the other things I mention.
Also, try closing the lid and opening it.

Tried all of the things you told:
injecting EDID, Patching pixel clock, etc.
NO LUCK.

Tried. Nothing happens. Its the same distorted bottom screen.

Try other ig-platform-id values.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Try other ig-platform-id values.

For ig-platform-id=0x19160000 and ig-platform-id=0x191b0000 it is the same distorted bottom screen.
For ig-platform-id=0x19120000 it boots a black screen.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I downloaded the macOS from the App store.
I created the USB on a macbook pro 2014.

For ig-platform-id=0x19160000 and ig-platform-id=0x191b0000 it is the same distorted bottom screen.
For ig-platform-id=0x19120000 it boots a black screen.

Try all valid ig-platform-id values.
Did you implement backlight control?
Didi you try injecting EDID?

Hello, i tried to install macOSierra 10.12.6, after some time, and i get this error: even i managed to installed it before, every hext or nvidia drivers i was installing cause the whole system not to run anymore, and getting errors. Anyway after 1 month i created another usb 2.0 bootable Sierra, with the same clover, but i get this error: Service Exited with abnormal code 1; Photo and clover attached!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 109
Hello, i tried to install macOSierra 10.12.6, after some time, and i get this error: even i managed to installed it before, every hext or nvidia drivers i was installing cause the whole system not to run anymore, and getting errors. Anyway after 1 month i created another usb 2.0 bootable Sierra, with the same clover, but i get this error: Service Exited with abnormal code 1; Photo and clover attached!

Must use invalid ig-platform-id for the installer since you have a 4k display.

New clover needs bundle-id in the kexts to patch section. You need to look up the name in the info.plist. Usually something like com.apple.whatever.

I need some help on the installation stuck here :x

Attachments

• IMG_3397.JPG
    IMG_3397.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back