Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
0x191b0000

I'm not sure what it is set to. I haven't changed the DVMT-prealloc setting as it is not available in my BIOS.

You need to use an invalid ig-platform-id, then rebuild cache, then reboot with valid ig-platform-id.
Otherwise the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch cannot apply.
Also, DMVT-prealloc 32mb may not be large enough for 4k (see FAQ for ways to change it).
And you must insure CoreDisplay is patched properly.
And then there is potential EDID issues.
You could also try other ig-platform-id values.

All must be in line before you should expect it to work, and even then you may have some unknown problem.

You need to use an invalid ig-platform-id, then rebuild cache, then reboot with valid ig-platform-id.
Otherwise the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch cannot apply.

Rebuilt the cache and rebooted. Still the same error.

And you must insure CoreDisplay is patched properly.
And then there is potential EDID issues.

CoreDisplay patched according to the script. Checked twice. I'll correct the EDID according to the Hex64 and try again.

Also, DMVT-prealloc 32mb may not be large enough for 4k (see FAQ for ways to change it).

This was the first thing i had thought of which i should be doing, but the methods listed seem to be too risky. I wouldn't want to harm the PC in any way. Do you know of an alternative which is not that risky?

Thanks for all the help brother.

Rebuilt the cache and rebooted. Still the same error.

What error are you referring to?
No photo provided.

CoreDisplay patched according to the script. Checked twice. I'll correct the EDID according to the Hex64 and try again.

You will need to provide "Problem Reporting" files.

This was the first thing i had thought of which i should be doing, but the methods listed seem to be too risky. I wouldn't want to harm the PC in any way. Do you know of an alternative which is not that risky?

If BIOS does not provide an option to change it there is no method that doesn't carry significant risk.

What error are you referring to?
No photo provided.

This photo:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ac-sierra-success.183018/page-54#post-1567946

You will need to provide "Problem Reporting" files.

Injected EDID using clover configurator. Attaching my clover directory. Kindly check.
Even after injection, its the same. glitchy bottom and no boot.

If BIOS does not provide an option to change it there is no method that doesn't carry significant risk.

I'm not finding any of the methods which i can use to change the dvmt-prealloc for my laptop.
I think All the listed methods on the FAQ are not suitable for my laptop. If you think there is something which I can try, kindly let me know.

There are two people on Insanelymac who claim to have gotten mac to work on 4k.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...dell-alienware-15r2-skylake-system/?p=2325551
He has listed his efi,kexts and other important things here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...dell-alienware-15r2-skylake-system/?p=2326709

I tried his EFI but i cant boot with it. Do you think something from his folders might help me?

The other person for whom it worked is DriveTheOne, who has posted on this thread multiple times as well:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...dell-alienware-15r2-skylake-system/?p=2330759

Kindly check and let me know what i might be able to do. I'm giving this too much time but not reaching anywhere with this.
DriveTheOne and other people who have got MAC working on your laptop, especially the one's with a 4k display kindly assist me.
I really need the help.

Thanks again for all the help Rehabman, I appreciate it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Did you forget to enable CSM/legacy boot?
Don't forget that 4k display requires CoreDisplay patch to defeat the pixel clock limit.

Enabling legacy boot does not change anything. It's still the same error.
I patched the coredisplay using the script.

Still this:

IMG_1312.JPG

Dont know what i'm going to do to solve this. :(

Any other options i have?

Enabling legacy boot does not change anything. It's still the same error.
I patched the coredisplay using the script.

Still this:

View attachment 274347

Dont know what i'm going to do to solve this. :(

Any other options i have?

Did you implement backlight control yet?
Check that your graphics are working by plugging in an external monitor (you may need to check in Windows to make sure the port you're using is attached to Intel).
You should also try other ig-platform-id values.

Did you implement backlight control yet?
Check that your graphics are working by plugging in an external monitor (you may need to check in Windows to make sure the port you're using is attached to Intel).
You should also try other ig-platform-id values.

1. Yes i implemented backlight control by applying your IntelBacklight.kext.

2. I was not able to connect to the external monitor.
On windows the same hdmi connector works just fine.
But on mac the external monitor is not working.
So, I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers. Now when i'm using my ig-platform-id as 0x19160000 the booting gets stuck here:

IMG_1316.JPG

If i use if-platform-id as 0x12345678 i'm able to boot. But still not able to connect to the external monitor.

Attaching my new clover folder. Kindly check.
Thanks & Regards.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
1. Yes i implemented backlight control by applying your IntelBacklight.kext.

Need also appropriate ACPI patch.

2. I was not able to connect to the external monitor.
On windows the same hdmi connector works just fine.

On Windows, what device is it connected to?

Now when i'm using my ig-platform-id as 0x19160000 the booting gets stuck here:

Did you patch IOKit? (or CoreDisplay for 10.12). You're writing in 10.11 forum, so I assume 10.11/IOKit patch.

Need also appropriate ACPI patch.

Okay let me check it out.

On Windows, what device is it connected to?

NVIDIA.

Did you patch IOKit? (or CoreDisplay for 10.12). You're writing in 10.11 forum, so I assume 10.11/IOKit patch.

No, i've patched the coredisplay. I'm currently on 10.12.6
Here is what i'm using to patch.
curl -o XPS9530.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/master/XPS9530.sh
chmod +x XPS9530.sh
./XPS9530.sh --patch-pixelclock

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back