Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so with the help of Rehabman, I was successfully able to boot. MANY THANKS TO HIM.

Now after booting, my graphics is being detected as only 31mb.

View attachment 274032

So i changed my ig-platform-id to 0x19160000 and kept intel inject as ON.
I'm getting this after i did that:

View attachment 274034
Not booting stuck here.

So i tried this with adding some properties as well:

View attachment 274031

Still the same. There is some kind of a glitchy bottom and it is stuck there, not booting.
I tried three different smbios as well macbook pro 11,1 | macbook pro 13,3 | imac 17,1
No changes after that either. Attaching my clover folder.
Someone kindly help as right now the mac is very jittery and laggy and unusable.
Thanks.
you may need the extra kexts from here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-5-update.220866/#post-1504116

Okay so with the help of Rehabman, I was successfully able to boot. MANY THANKS TO HIM.

Now after booting, my graphics is being detected as only 31mb.

View attachment 274032

So i changed my ig-platform-id to 0x19160000 and kept intel inject as ON.
I'm getting this after i did that:

View attachment 274034
Not booting stuck here.

So i tried this with adding some properties as well:

View attachment 274031

Still the same. There is some kind of a glitchy bottom and it is stuck there, not booting.
I tried three different smbios as well macbook pro 11,1 | macbook pro 13,3 | imac 17,1
No changes after that either. Attaching my clover folder.
Someone kindly help as right now the mac is very jittery and laggy and unusable.
Thanks.

Keep in mind 4k displays require patching CoreDisplay (macOS) or IOKIt (OS X).
See FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I already followed this:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-5-update.220866/page-48#post-1544075

To patch coredisplay. Still no luck.
Same problem. Cant boot and bottom screen shows some distirted graphics.
Kindly help.

See FAQ for instructions for patching for pixel clock.
Also, an external monitor (if your external port is working) can be helpful as it will work in scenarios where the internal display will not.

Also...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

See FAQ for instructions for patching for pixel clock.
Also, an external monitor (if your external port is working) can be helpful as it will work in scenarios where the internal display will not.

Also...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Followed the-darkvoid's method to patch the pixel clock as well. It was pretty much the same script.
Still no progress. Maybe something else is wrong. Could you please check the clover folder i uploaded above?

Followed the-darkvoid's method to patch the pixel clock as well. It was pretty much the same script.
Still no progress. Maybe something else is wrong. Could you please check the clover folder i uploaded above?

"Also, an external monitor (if your external port is working) can be helpful as it will work in scenarios where the internal display will not."

Also, you're missing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.
And you may need to inject EDID.
You can isolate graphics issues with invalid ig-platform-id.

"Also, an external monitor (if your external port is working) can be helpful as it will work in scenarios where the internal display will not."

Also, you're missing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.
And you may need to inject EDID.
You can isolate graphics issues with invalid ig-platform-id.

External monitor via HDMI is not being detected on mac. The external monitor does not work on mac.

According to the steps listed, I had installed the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext in Library/Extensions. But now I've included it in CLOVER/kexts/other. Still no luck.

Injected the EDID. Still no luck.

Currently i'm using an invalid ig-platform-id: 0x12345678 to boot, otherwise it does not boot.

With my current setup, im getting this error:
IMG_1304.JPG

Don't now what im doing wrong. Trying everything. Still not booting with the full VRAM.
Thanks for the help brother, I have my hopes up because of you.
Regards.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
External monitor via HDMI is not being detected on mac. The external monitor does not work on mac.

According to the steps listed, I had installed the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext in Library/Extensions. But now I've included it in CLOVER/kexts/other. Still no luck.

Injected the EDID. Still no luck.

Currently i'm using an invalid ig-platform-id: 0x12345678 to boot, otherwise it does not boot.

With my current setup, im getting this error:
View attachment 274160

Don't now what im doing wrong. Trying everything. Still not booting with the full VRAM.
Thanks for the help brother, I have my hopes up because of you.
Regards.

Which ig-platform-id are you trying to use?
What is DVMT-prealloc set to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back