Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay good to know that this model doesn't use optimus..
So nvda_drv=1 is there.

Also in Devices I have a set for configuring the Intel HD 530.

PciAddr
00:02.00 "Intel HD530"

CustomProperties:
model=Intel HD Graphics
hda-gfx=onboard-1
device-id=1B190000
AAPL,ig-platform-id=00001619

I've tried disabling this device, but it'll simply boot to a black screen. I connect using screen sharing and checked to find the primary graphics as "Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB". nVidia device is detected and Nvidia web drivers are loaded too, but the Intel appears to connect first but leaves the screen blank.

I've got an external monitor attached to the HDMI port, but the laptop lid is open because I have to hit the power button.
Uhm, okay, this is weird.

Try mine EFI and report us here.
ps: I discovered when audio's hardware doesn't work, in DCPIManager displays a row whites "null codec" then when the audio work, this row hides. Why?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 132
Uhm, okay, this is weird.

Try mine EFI and report us here.
ps: I discovered when audio's hardware doesn't work, in DCPIManager displays a row whites "null codec" then when the audio work, this row hides. Why?

That was a complete no-go. Just boots to black screen, and can't even bring up the wireless or ethernet for screen sharing connection to work. Thanks for trying to help with the EFI package. Wish I knew how to diagnose this.

That was a complete no-go. Just boots to black screen, and can't even bring up the wireless or ethernet for screen sharing connection to work. Thanks for trying to help with the EFI package. Wish I knew how to diagnose this.

That EFI package has patched ACPI. Always a mistake to use patched ACPI files from another computer...
What are you trying to accomplish?

That EFI package has patched ACPI. Always a mistake to use patched ACPI files from another computer...
What are you trying to accomplish?
Hi RehabMan,

I've previously posted my Clover folder tree and ACPI here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ac-sierra-success.183018/page-40#post-1420619

Trying to get the onboard Nvidia GTX 970M to drive the external display over HDMI. Looks like the Alienware 15 R2 is not in an optimus hardware configuration, so it should technically be possible to get it driving the external display. However it doesn't look like the gmux is switched over to the nvidia discrete gpu, so it remains black. I've tried AGDPFix to see if perhaps it wasn't being recognized, but doesn't seem to be the issue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

We can see here both intel and nvidia parts are initialized. The internal display is attached to the intel gfx.
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 12.52.59 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 12.53.04 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,

I've previously posted my Clover folder tree and ACPI here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ac-sierra-success.183018/page-40#post-1420619

Trying to get the onboard Nvidia GTX 970M to drive the external display over HDMI. Looks like the Alienware 15 R2 is not in an optimus hardware configuration, so it should technically be possible to get it driving the external display. However it doesn't look like the gmux is switched over to the nvidia discrete gpu, so it remains black. I've tried AGDPFix to see if perhaps it wasn't being recognized, but doesn't seem to be the issue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

We can see here both intel and nvidia parts are initialized. The internal display is attached to the intel gfx.
View attachment 233476
View attachment 233477

I thought you couldn't boot?

I thought you couldn't boot?
That was from trying the other EFI in full, including the ACPI patches that probably caused the boot failure.

Well now, since I installed OSX 10.11.6's latest sec update, now I can't boot at all. :( Going to have to call it quits on this one. May try again when I get back from my trip.

That was from trying the other EFI in full, including the ACPI patches that probably caused the boot failure.

Well now, since I installed OSX 10.11.6's latest sec update, now I can't boot at all. :( Going to have to call it quits on this one. May try again when I get back from my trip.

When you get back to it, post files that accurately represent what you're doing and accurate descriptions of the problem.

h
Install Mac Sierra success, thanks to slayer23a(watch #355).
here is my EFI files. my files has little difference with Slayer23a. i used USBInjectAll to make the USB near the audio jack works with usb2.0, but it will cause the sleep auto wake.

UPDATE: install EI Capitan successfully, the EFI files at #149, latest EFI for 10.11 in #369
hello,sir.I need your help,Thanks very much. I used your EFI file in 149 and 369 (install EI Capitan),but when i install,it always stop at progress bar in installation interface.
my conputer is 15R2,the same with yours.I do not know why,so i enter the Verbose mode. my bios mode is 1.3.6
when I use EFI file in 149, it stoped here(the picture 1) . When i install directly, there is not any progress in installation interface ,i can see the hard drive .
when I use clover file in 369, it stoped here(the picture 2).When i install directly, it will stop in half progress bar,and just can see installation USB .
.please help me ,thank you very much.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 120
h

hello,sir.I need your help,Thanks very much. I used your EFI file in 149 and 369 (install EI Capitan),but when i install,it always stop at progress bar in installation interface.
my conputer is 15R2,the same with yours.I do not know why,so i enter the Verbose mode. my bios mode is 1.3.6
when I use EFI file in 149, it stoped here(the picture 1) . When i install directly, there is not any progress in installation interface ,i can see the hard drive .
when I use clover file in 369, it stoped here(the picture 2).When i install directly, it will stop in half progress bar,and just can see installation USB .
.please help me ,thank you very much.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Hi everybody!
I have just purchased an alienware 15 R2 and wanted to install macos on it.
I've gone through the hackintoshing process before but i want to install it right on this machine.
Can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back