[SOLVED AGAIN] Fine Tuning SATA/eSATA on Asus P8P67 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [SOLVED] Fine Tuning SATA/eSATA on Asus P8P67 Pro

Okay, so now my Mac Pro is on Craigslist. :p

Thanks, Maestro, works brilliantly :clap:

LOL Mac Pro (2006, 1,1) sold already, gone and out the door.

Sold for $4 less than total cost including taxes of building my hackintosh. Sweet.

Awesome! Will try this tonight! Does using this DSDT affect the operation of anything else on the board? Still don't 100% understand DSDT's, so not even sure if that question makes sense. Do we still need the kexts for the eSATA (I have JMicron36xeSATA.kext in my /Extra/Extensions path...)

Thanks for all your work on this!

As I stated, the only change in this DSDT is for the Jmicron entries. Everything else is stock. Should be fine if you have a P8P67 Pro board. In case it's not, just be sure you can boot the machine using other means (another boot device) so you can delete the DSDT and restart.

You shouldn't need the other kexts now, to have the JMB362 working through AHCI, although it might still come up as Unknown AHCI. You can keep the kext there, in order to identify it cosmetically. I also checked, and we no longer need to delete the ioPCIClass Match key and string. It is correctly recognized as 01060100 (SATA device).

ajg0r said:

Great! :) Yes, it seems solid. I finally quit the Integrity check after 4TB were written over a 500GB disk without any errors.

Re: Fine Tuning SATA/eSATA on Asus P8P67 Pro

Yoga said:
I took the easy route and grabbed a PCE-e eSATA card, as with the drivers (Silicon Image - 3132 chipset), one has full hot swappability and performance :¬)

BTW, just curious, Yoga. Is this bootable?

stradivari said:
As I stated, the only change in this DSDT is for the Jmicron entries. Everything else is stock. Should be fine if you have a P8P67 Pro board. In case it's not, just be sure you can boot the machine using other means (another boot device) so you can delete the DSDT and restart.

You shouldn't need the other kexts now, to have the JMB362 working through AHCI, although it might still come up as Unknown AHCI. You can keep the kext there, in order to identify it cosmetically. I also checked, and we no longer need to delete the ioPCIClass Match key and string. It is correctly recognized as 01060100 (SATA device).

Did you notice any increase in your Geekbench using the DSDT? I'm considering switching to a Gigabyte since I'm kinda bummed about the seemingly lower scores of the P8P67, and the whole reason I went with it was the onboard Bluetoooth, which doesn't work well with my Magic Mouse anyway!

stradivari said:
ajg0r said:

Great! :) Yes, it seems solid. I finally quit the Integrity check after 4TB were written over a 500GB disk without any errors.

Very nice work! I've updated the boot cd to version 4 and am just testing it by performing a clean install of 10.6.
This should hopefully be it now for the P8P67Pro now that we hopefully have both bluetooth and eSATA sorted.

Assuming the new build installs cleanly I will replace the download link for the original boot cd with the new build.

Thanks stradivari for your hard work!

I'm trying to edit my DSDT using DSDTse and i've got the initial DTGP hack inserted and able to compile.

I'm running into trouble selecting the exact code to replace your JMB0 & 1 code with. I continue to get compile errors, and I'm not a coder!

I've got a P8P67 Deluxe, so my DSDT should be very similar to yours. I tried with your compiled .aml and no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!!

EDIT: Scratch that - Got it working!! Thanks again for all of your work! If anyone needs the DSDT.aml for P8P67 Deluxe I've attached. Only edits are The initial DTGP & the 2 JMB edits.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    30 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back