Contribute
Register

[SOLVED AGAIN] Fine Tuning SATA/eSATA on Asus P8P67 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet as a nut sir what you told me to do worked a treat every thing up and running now bar the graphic's card which was running at full be for but for sum reason when i go back in to multibeast to install it it keeps saying install failed do i need to remove them like i did for the audio drivers in s/l/e and the reinstall them?

merkle said:
sweet as a nut sir what you told me to do worked a treat every thing up and running now bar the graphic's card which was running at full be for but for sum reason when i go back in to multibeast to install it it keeps saying install failed do i need to remove them like i did for the audio drivers in s/l/e and the reinstall them?

Worth a try (I dont have an nvidia card so hard for me to offer much here). Try removing them from System\Library\Extensions run kext utility to do a full cache rebuild and then try reinstalling them - it 'should' work

merkle wrote:

Worth a try (I dont have an nvidia card so hard for me to offer much here). Try removing them from System\Library\Extensions run kext utility to a full cache rebuild and then try reinstalling them - it 'should' work

nice 1 again good sir you are some sort of megga Don. thanks for all your help if all else fails ill just hit up a reinstall which is a small price to pay to get every thing up and running thanks again Don-andystubbs for all your time and help and big up all the other good folk's on hear for your handy advice

i've just hit up a reinstall installed the package for some reason now every time i try and install some thing using multi beast (graphic's) it keeps saying that the installation failed even with just a RC and RP says the same thing. any input good people???

fixed. again me being a rookie just had to use a plist editor and Set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist to get my graphic working fully again every thing seem to be A OK fingers crossed going to run some hard encoding on it tomorrow after i try and get some sleep again thanks for every 1 on this forum's input with out it ill still be running low graphics and minimal hardware

Hello folks,

I am trying to find PCIUtils for 64-bit snow leopard. That's why I need them to fix JMicron kexts because my OS X system can't detect my eSATA drives without properly fixes. Does anyone know a latest version of PCIUtils for Mac?

I did found DPCIManager but only source code. How do I find binaries for 64-bit mode?

I got DSDTSE v1.4.3 and installed it.

Earlier I installed only EasyBeast on my system when I upgraded to 10.6.8. Do I have to install UserDSDT to enable DSDT settings?

Update: I put P8P67SATAControllers.kext into /Extra/Extensions and ran MultiBeast to fix permissions. I rebooted system and noticed that boot time takes longer than before. I finally got starry screen. I checked system profile and noticed that my system finally recognize JMicron chips and Intel 6 series but still can't see eSATA drives. My system now recognize USB drives when I plugged into. Without that kext, it can't detect USB drives when plugged into but can only recognize them during boot time. Yes, that kext is working with ASUS Maximum IV motherboard.

Now need DSDT fixes to see eSATA drives.

Thanks,
Sword7

TooSixy said:
The P8P67SATAControllers.kext is just cosmetic. To edit the kext, you can use Text Edit. The kext does not fix the missing eSATA controllers. To do that, you'll need the edits in DSDT.

Read through this thread and you'll find the edits for eSATA, namely JMB0 and JMB1.

Ok, I put DSDT.aml into /Extra and rebooted system. Yes, boot time got faster now. It now recognizes eSATA drives but can't access partitions. I have two disk array cases with 4 hard drives through one eSATA cable each. It needs properly initialization as port multiplier because it only see first eSATA drives each.

Does anyone have any solutions to get partition acceses and port multiplier working?

Update: I checked system profile and noticed that it recognize partitions but did not display disk icons on my desktop. I only found that partitions but one in Finder. I have to change label name to get rid of '/' to recognize all partitions properly.

Thanks again,
Sword7

Does anyone know if it would be a similar code for the p8z68 deluxe board that i'd need to inject?

Attachments

• dsdts.tiff
    447.2 KB · Views: 309
Re: [UPDATED] Fine Tuning SATA/eSATA on Asus P8P67 Pro

stradivari said:
AndyStubbs said:
stradivari said:
I can get the registers rewritten to put it back into SATA mode on wake, but I'm concerned that it's not done properly, that it is not being put to sleep correctly, and I worry that over time we will have corruption on any disks connected to eSATA during improper _PTS (prepare to sleep) and _WAK

That (shouldn't) be an issue though because if the drive is still active it shouldn't be sent to sleep?

Well, with that thought in mind, you're welcome to give it a try. :)

I've got it "apparently" working. That is, when wake from sleep, drive is still mounted, and seems to work fine, and lspci shows Jmicron as SATA. However, I have a gut feeling that something is still not right (I don't know why... it seems too easy).

Here's what I did:

Immediately before the _WAK entry in the DSDT (_WAK stands for Wake—as in, from sleep), I created a function called PINI:

Code:
Method (PINI, 0, NotSerialized)
    {
        Store (0xB3, \_SB.PCI0.PEX3.JMB0.M1)
        Store (0xA1, \_SB.PCI0.PEX3.JMB0.M2)
        Store (0xC2, \_SB.PCI0.PEX3.JMB0.M3)
    }

As you can see, in this function I simply write the values to the registers at the address we created in the JMB0 entry.

Then, I call this function from within the _WAK entry:

Code:
    Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        PINI ()
        \\...........rest of _WAK entry..........\\
    }

Attached is the edited DSDT.aml file (same as before with the updated JMB0 and JMB1 entries, as well as the PINI function and edited _WAK entry). Feel free to test it... it SEEMS to work, but I'm not confident it is wholly safe. For instance, after using this, sleeping and waking, I seem to get repeated, random reads from the drive, which I wouldn't usually have. No idea why. EDIT: Okay, no I don't. Hmm... I think maybe this really IS working!! :)

DSDT.aml
WARNING: TEST THIS ON NON-CRITICAL DATA ONLY!

Hi,

If I put your PINI method into my dsdt before the _wak I get an 'object does not exist' error referring to the jmb0 objects. Kind suggesion on how to fix?

Thank you.

Edit: Figured it out. My path was incorrect as my jmb devices were under BR27 so it didn't match the Pini methods object heirachy. I followed vdmesis who had his jmb code inside br27 also. You have it under PCI0.PEX3. Does it matter? My br27 has an address of Name (_ADR, 0x00050000) preceding the jmb code. Is that neccessary?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back