Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED]
I copied the backup v4700 EFI folder on my system drive to my EFI partition. Then I ran Multibeast 10.4 again using my initial successful settings. I also updated config.plist with the confirmed 10.14.1 USB3 fix. Finally, I updated Lilu.kext, USBInjectAll.kext, AppleALC.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext in /Library/Extensions and rebuilt the kext cache (installed and rebuilt cache using Terminal commands to ensure correct permissions).

[INITIAL PROBLEM]
I initially applied the 10.14.1 update with no changes to Clover, and I was able to successfully get through the process and back to my Mojave desktop, except I lost USB3. I launched Clover Configurator in an attempt to patch config.plist to fix USB3, but that didn't work. Then, I rebooted and used the Update feature in Clover Configurator to update Clover.

Urgh. Going from Clover 4700 to Clover 4741 killed my system's ability to boot from the NVMe system drive. I now have to boot from my original Mojave install USB, which uses Clover 4674. I also updated lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext, along with apfs.efi.

I have tried a fresh install of both 4700 and 4674 with no luck. Any way to get my original Clover EFI config back? Or would it be easier just to do a fresh install? A fresh install would be OK with me since all my data files are on Dropbox + a separate data NVMe drive. I will do the SSDT fix in any event to prevent future USB problems.

I was not smart enough to do a system backup using a drive cloner...

Last edited:
Can't you just copy and paste your USB clover efi folder over to your drive that has the broken clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back