Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] [10.13.5] BCM94360CS2 + M.2 NGFF can't turn on WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one can help me to point what pins should I mask
Thanks
IMG_1917.jpeg

I think you are looking at the wrong side. You need to tape the other side.

Once flipped around and with the pins on top, count from the left can cover the 10th and 11th pins. Those should be pins 54 and 56.

Some one can help me to point what pins should I mask
Thanks
View attachment 454617

This post has been incredibly helpful and I got it working until I screwed in the card which probably moved the tape.

I have found the act of taping these tiny little pins very difficult. The pins are so small it’s difficult for me to track counting them and laying the tape on precisely

Any tips on how to tape only those 2 small pins and make it stay?

also I have been using high temp masking tape.

So I got mine working and I thought I'd share it here just incase anyone ever runs into this as well.
I have the same broadcom wifi + bt card as the original poster.

However it turns out I did not need to tape up pins 54 and 56. The root cause for me of not being able to turn on my wifi is the the red-circled hole in the image of the converter card below. I was using the coverter's provided screw to secure the card to my board, and while that screw was in place I could not turn on WiFi. When there was no screw, the WiFi could be turned on. I ended up using the screw from the original intel wifi+bt card in that red-circled hole and WiFi could be turned on. The problematic screw's head is bigger than the original screw and I guess it caused some interference.

61dXdkK2RhL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
So I got mine working and I thought I'd share it here just incase anyone ever runs into this as well.
I have the same broadcom wifi + bt card as the original poster.

However it turns out I did not need to tape up pins 54 and 56. The root cause for me of not being able to turn on my wifi is the the red-circled hole in the image of the converter card below. I was using the coverter's provided screw to secure the card to my board, and while that screw was in place I could not turn on WiFi. When there was no screw, the WiFi could be turned on. I ended up using the screw from the original intel wifi+bt card in that red-circled hole and WiFi could be turned on. The problematic screw's head is bigger than the original screw and I guess it caused some interference.

View attachment 473612
This method save me. The screw provided probably had some interference, and saved me a lot of time. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back