Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Gtx 960
Hi there..
I hope im at the right place for this and im quite a newbie so bear with me please :).

I would like to make a CustoMacmini deluxe with that nice Mac Pro like case, but i read that the Wifi on the motherboard does not work with OSx. The solution then would be to place a wifi card in the PCI slot right? But i also want a gtx 760 graphics card and i believe these small motherboards only have one PCI-slot. So what is the solution here? Using a cable for internet is not really an option cause than i would have to drag a cable over a long distance.

Hope anyone can help.
THanks!

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there..
I hope im at the right place for this and im quite a newbie so bear with me please :).

I would like to make a CustoMacmini deluxe with that nice Mac Pro like case, but i read that the Wifi on the motherboard does not work with OSx. The solution then would be to place a wifi card in the PCI slot right? But i also want a gtx 760 graphics card and i believe these small motherboards only have one PCI-slot. So what is the solution here? Using a cable for internet is not really an option cause than i would have to drag a cable over a long distance.

Hope anyone can help.
THanks!

The motherboard Wifi is on a MiniPCIe card, which is replaceable. Many suitable replacements are available, and they're quite inexpensive. See this thread for a list of options. (Note that the cards listed in the thread are all half-MiniPCIe cards, so you will need a bracket in order to mount it on the motherboard. You can get the bracket from many sources, here's a link to one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Height-Express-PCI-E-Bracket-Adapter/dp/B007VXJ9IS.)

Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Gtx 960
Thanks nobodynose! That helps a lot. So if i understand correctly the pcislot for the Graphics card Will still be unused then?!

Status
Not open for further replies.