Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Gtx 960
Hi there..
I hope im at the right place for this and im quite a newbie so bear with me please :).

I would like to make a CustoMacmini deluxe with that nice Mac Pro like case, but i read that the Wifi on the motherboard does not work with OSx. The solution then would be to place a wifi card in the PCI slot right? But i also want a gtx 760 graphics card and i believe these small motherboards only have one PCI-slot. So what is the solution here? Using a cable for internet is not really an option cause than i would have to drag a cable over a long distance.

Hope anyone can help.
THanks!

Hi there..
I hope im at the right place for this and im quite a newbie so bear with me please :).

I would like to make a CustoMacmini deluxe with that nice Mac Pro like case, but i read that the Wifi on the motherboard does not work with OSx. The solution then would be to place a wifi card in the PCI slot right? But i also want a gtx 760 graphics card and i believe these small motherboards only have one PCI-slot. So what is the solution here? Using a cable for internet is not really an option cause than i would have to drag a cable over a long distance.

Hope anyone can help.
THanks!

The motherboard Wifi is on a MiniPCIe card, which is replaceable. Many suitable replacements are available, and they're quite inexpensive. See this thread for a list of options. (Note that the cards listed in the thread are all half-MiniPCIe cards, so you will need a bracket in order to mount it on the motherboard. You can get the bracket from many sources, here's a link to one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Height-Express-PCI-E-Bracket-Adapter/dp/B007VXJ9IS.)

Thanks nobodynose! That helps a lot. So if i understand correctly the pcislot for the Graphics card Will still be unused then?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back