Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Solarflare SFN5122F Mac OS Driver not more available

Good news!

I was able to copy the Solarflare kext off of my Mojave machine and simply added it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on my Catalina install. After a reboot I now see two extra Ethernet ports that I didn't have before. Unfortunately, I don't have my 10GbE network fully setup yet so this is not tested. But in theory, it's working.

Here's the .kext file if you'd like to try it out yourself.

Is this the same kext that would be used for the Solarflare S6102? And do you still have it working on 10.15.7?

Anyone try these drivers on macOS 11.2?

Thanks @chig00!

I can confirm this solution still works on 10.15.4 & 10.15.5 with OpenCore.

The solution from post #14 only works with Clover.

Thanks!
Thanks for posting.

Did you put that kext into the OC>Kexts folder and update the config.plist file?

Woohooo! figured it out! Solarflare driver onto Opencore:Catalina 10.5.7.

Well, I didn't figure it out, but found a post of someone who did and his method worked!

After scouring this site and the Internet, I just couldn't get the Solarflare drivers to install. I tried many posted techniques without success. Playing with SIP and putting kext here and there.

Anyhow, at this LINK under OpenCore set up, I followed the procedure and wala it worked!

The key for me was to put the folder under Application Support to /Library/Application Support on your main HD, add Solarflare kext into EFI and update config.plist.

HI, I need ya'll help
So I got the sfn5122f 10gb nic
Installed on using pcie splitter and enabling bifurcation
i did just about everything prescribed in this thread but I cant get the the card to be listed on the interfaces panel.
any help is appreciated, thanks

Im currently on mini itx
z390 I pro wifi
i7 9700k
rx580 8gb (pulse)
Was on smbios 18,3 but changed it imacpro 1,1

HI, I need ya'll help
So I got the sfn5122f 10gb nic
Installed on using pcie splitter and enabling bifurcation
i did just about everything prescribed in this thread but I cant get the the card to be listed on the interfaces panel.
any help is appreciated, thanks

Im currently on mini itx
z390 I pro wifi
i7 9700k
rx580 8gb (pulse)
Was on smbios 18,3 but changed it imacpro 1,1
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Hey all.

I just got my hands on one of these SolarFlare 10G cards, but I can't get it to work on my Mojave system. The card isn't even recognized in System Information. I loaded the kexts as described here, I even installed the driver linked in one of the fist posts (successfully, as far as I can tell), but no success.

The kexts shows as "Loaded: No", probably because the device isn't even recognized.
1623644705133.png

When I go to Hardware -> PCI, no devices show up:
"This computer doesn’t contain any PCI cards or devices. If you installed or connected a PCI card or device, make sure it is properly installed."

Network preferences don't show any new interfaces either:
1623644777806.png

The card is installed on a Dell Inspiron 3647, on the x16 PCIE slot. No other slots on this mini motherboard available for me to try. The previous tenant of this port was an Nvidia GT610 graphics card, which I pulled out to install the SolarFlare.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

i am struggeling to get my Solarflare SFN7122F working under OSX 11.5.2, what i have tried:

1. Adding kext to /Library/Extensions -> kext ist under System Profiler -> Extensions but not Loaded
2. Tried another Guide -> same as above
3. Added kext to OpenCore and edit config.plist, still the same

the card shows in Hackintool under PCIe devices, so the card is not the problem

Hass someone made this card working under Big Sur?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 123
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:
So is it safe to say that this card wont work in Monterrey?

Back