Contribute
Register

So updates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use an external monitor as suggested earlier.
An external display may work in scenarios that the internal display does not.

Or start implementing other fixes that may be related (EDID inject, brightness control, etc).

Also, keep in mind that KabyLake-R graphics requires FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (and Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext).

Hint: Black screen without KP is an indication that the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch is active and working, so you're on to the next problem... (eg. DVMT related issues are not the only graphics related issue you may run into).

Thanks! I think the last hint is important.

How should I implement EDID inject? Just check "inject" in the clover or do I need to specify custom EDID or the ProductID, etc.?

Thanks! I think the last hint is important.

How should I implement EDID inject? Just check "inject" in the clover or do I need to specify custom EDID or the ProductID, etc.?

Check your Clover bootlog to see if Clover is detecting your EDID ok.
If it is, then you can inject by simply setting config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true.
If it is not, then you must specify the EDID in config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Custom=<edid-data>.

Check your Clover bootlog to see if Clover is detecting your EDID ok.
If it is, then you can inject by simply setting config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true.
If it is not, then you must specify the EDID in config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Custom=<edid-data>.
Thanks!
Another important question that I am not clear: how to identify whether a failure of booting is KP or not?

Thanks!
Another important question that I am not clear: how to identify whether a failure of booting is KP or not?

KP usually results in KP screen (with CPU register dump, kernel backtrace, list of kexts, etc) and usually followed by reboot.

KP usually results in KP screen (with CPU register dump, kernel backtrace, list of kexts, etc) and usually followed by reboot.
When I boot with the valid platform-id the second time after a reboot, the screen shows

The system was automatically rebooted after panic

Does this mean the machine is still in KP because of DVMT-prealloc?

You're not reading carefully.
No need to edit config.plist to change ig-platform-id.
Look at the options afforded to you by Clover Options (press 'O' or choose the icon when you arrive in Clover).
Wow. So I finally had time today to actually play with that option screen. I really was doing things the hard way. I can't say thank you enough.

When I boot with the valid platform-id the second time after a reboot, the screen shows

The system was automatically rebooted after panic

Does this mean the machine is still in KP because of DVMT-prealloc?

No.
It means there is KP data (from a KP that happened previously) stored in NVRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back