Contribute
Register

So is handoff broken for everyone in Seirra? (BCM94360CD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Q170M-C
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Hi Guys,

I have an Asus Q170M-C with a Core i7-6700K Skylake CPU. Everything is working on the board and have been enjoying my hackintosh using the latest Clover version and a few patches (USB, Audio, Ethernet, Graphics).

I decided to get BT/WiFi for my system, so I bought these two cards:
For Apple iMac A1418 A1419 BCM94360CD 802.11ac Wireless Adapter Airport Card
Wireless Network Card Convert PCI-E 1X PCI-E Adapter For BCM94360CD Wifi

Cards came 2 weeks ago. The PCI-E converter requires a connection to a USB pin on the board. At first I wasn't able to see any bluetooth get recognised, but using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, the system recognised bluetooth and I was able to pair my headphones and my magic trackpad.

My understanding before I got this card was that it's natively supported and should be fine with Handoff. However, searching through the forums, everyone is having issues with Sierra and Handoff on this card, and no suggestions on how to fix it are found anywhere.

So far, hand-off works in one direction. (when it works)
I can open windows from my hackintosh on my Macbook Pro/iPhone, but I can't do it the other way around. (also this doesn't always work). Also, I see my phone's personal hotspot in the wifi list, but when trying to connect to it, it shows me an error saying "unable to enable personal hotspot". Note that this works when trying from my Macbook Pro.
(signing out-in of my iCloud didn't fix my issue- Tried signing out of ALL devices).

My question is: Are there any patches needed for BCM94360CD (since it's connected via USB)? Is the fact that it's connected to the board via USB causing this?

Please also note that my iMessage/Facetime are working. I have successfully completed all the steps of faking the serial/board serial back when I installed my Seirra on this hackintosh a few weeks ago.

Would appreciate some feedback, and would be happy to include any debugging info.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have an Asus Q170M-C with a Core i7-6700K Skylake CPU. Everything is working on the board and have been enjoying my hackintosh using the latest Clover version and a few patches (USB, Audio, Ethernet, Graphics).

I decided to get BT/WiFi for my system, so I bought these two cards:
For Apple iMac A1418 A1419 BCM94360CD 802.11ac Wireless Adapter Airport Card
Wireless Network Card Convert PCI-E 1X PCI-E Adapter For BCM94360CD Wifi

Cards came 2 weeks ago. The PCI-E converter requires a connection to a USB pin on the board. At first I wasn't able to see any bluetooth get recognised, but using BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, the system recognised bluetooth and I was able to pair my headphones and my magic trackpad.

My understanding before I got this card was that it's natively supported and should be fine with Handoff. However, searching through the forums, everyone is having issues with Sierra and Handoff on this card, and no suggestions on how to fix it are found anywhere.

So far, hand-off works in one direction. (when it works)
I can open windows from my hackintosh on my Macbook Pro/iPhone, but I can't do it the other way around. (also this doesn't always work). Also, I see my phone's personal hotspot in the wifi list, but when trying to connect to it, it shows me an error saying "unable to enable personal hotspot". Note that this works when trying from my Macbook Pro.
(signing out-in of my iCloud didn't fix my issue- Tried signing out of ALL devices).

My question is: Are there any patches needed for BCM94360CD (since it's connected via USB)? Is the fact that it's connected to the board via USB causing this?

Please also note that my iMessage/Facetime are working. I have successfully completed all the steps of faking the serial/board serial back when I installed my Seirra on this hackintosh a few weeks ago.

Would appreciate some feedback, and would be happy to include any debugging info.

Thanks

I have the same problem, I have MacBook Air, and Handoff and Continuity works well with my iPhone 6S. I've gotten all the BT and WIFI to do continuity, but it is often slow, and it fails to 'resume' the work I was doing on another device be it the MacBook air or iPhone.

I'll look into this problem further, but it seems to point to the fact that I used the firmware injector method for getting bluetooth 4LE to work.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

I've followed this guide since Yosemite, and only this time, I am finding a huge issue under 10.12 Sierra.

I have the same problem, I have MacBook Air, and Handoff and Continuity works well with my iPhone 6S. I've gotten all the BT and WIFI to do continuity, but it is often slow, and it fails to 'resume' the work I was doing on another device be it the MacBook air or iPhone.

I'll look into this problem further, but it seems to point to the fact that I used the firmware injector method for getting bluetooth 4LE to work.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

I've followed this guide since Yosemite, and only this time, I am finding a huge issue under 10.12 Sierra.

There is nothing much to follow in the guide if you have a BCM94360 card.
My card wasn't recognised (only WiFi worked) until I used the injector kext. Nothing else is applied on the system to patch bluetooth.

There is nothing much to follow in the guide if you have a BCM94360 card.
My card wasn't recognised (only WiFi worked) until I used the injector kext. Nothing else is applied on the system to patch bluetooth.
Your repsonse cannot really be meaningfull to anybody without you disclosing which hardware your findings are applying to.

Your repsonse cannot really be meaningfull to anybody without you disclosing which hardware your findings are applying to.
I have 'disclosed' my hardware in the first post. I have an Asus Q170M-C (Intel 100 series board) with a Core i7-6700K Skylake CPU. I have also linked to the BT+WiFi cards I purchased in the first post.

Bluetooth is going to XHC and it is supposed to be USB related.
Do you have a SSDT-USB made for the board and also set the correspond USB header to 255(listed as internal?)
Also delete/disable the port limit patch.

Bluetooth is going to XHC and it is supposed to be USB related.
Do you have a SSDT-USB made for the board and also set the correspond USB header to 255(listed as internal?)
Also delete/disable the port limit patch.

Bluetooth is working. Pairing is working great, so my USB should be okay right? t's only Handoff that's failing (although shows up as supported in System information)
I do have the disable port limit patch applied via clover.
I do not have an SSDT-USB made for my board (didn't find one online).

@nidstigator It is working doesn't mean it is optimized to avoid problem.
For bluetooth problem, I guess you can try fixing this first.
hand-off needs wifi, bluetooth, icloud working afaik.
94360CD is natively supported, mine works OBB without any modding, but I did have a SSDT-USB all the time.

you can make one on your own by following rehabman's or ammulder's guide.
Just remember to change the script to match your USB controller (find it in IOReg) and add the ports accordingly for USBInjectAll.kext to inject.
You can't find one probably because it is board specific, so you need one that match your board. Most of the time, people inject all the ports that physically existed and use boot flag to reduce the amount of ports to 15.
This is for convenience if someone ever needs to change active ports.

@nidstigator It is working doesn't mean it is optimized to avoid problem.
For bluetooth problem, I guess you can try fixing this first.
hand-off needs wifi, bluetooth, icloud working afaik.
94360CD is natively supported, mine works OBB without any modding, but I did have a SSDT-USB all the time.

you can make one on your own by following rehabman's or ammulder's guide.
Just remember to change the script to match your USB controller (find it in IOReg) and add the ports accordingly for USBInjectAll.kext to inject.
You can't find one probably because it is board specific, so you need one that match your board. Most of the time, people inject all the ports that physically existed and use boot flag to reduce the amount of ports to 15.
This is for convenience if someone ever needs to change active ports.
Thanks. I will try this over the weekend.
Question: With your 94360CD, did you not even need Rehabman's BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back