Register

Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion: An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion: An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide

Another great guide! Very nice.

Great Video!

Does this also apply to general Snow Leopard installs after upgrading the BIOS to UEFI? I have had trouble with mine. I initially wanted it to install an M Audio program (Key Rig) that was PPC only, but they sent me a link to a free download of a newer program that works on intel Macs. Still, if I need another PPC program, I'd like to be able to install Snow Leopard again. I was able to do an initial install but couldn't get to the welcome screen after rebooting.

iBoot for Ivy Bridge is not meant for a Sandy Bridge system, which from what you wrote, I'm guessing is the case as none of the Ivy Bridge motherboards run BIOS as far as I know. You would need to use regular iBoot for a Sandy Bridge system.

Anyone had success with an Asus Z77 motherboard? My Z77-I Deluxe just panics 2 seconds after trying to boot OS X with this method. Might be my BIOS settings or something but I feel I've tried everything (I have the right modified bios and GPU is removed). Or is it not intented to work with anything else than Gigabyte (inferior) hardware? Any help would be appreciated, because right now it means setting my previous Gigabyte Q6600 rig back up to OS X after I thought I was done with it... Great work still TonyMac and everyone!

Anyone had success with an Asus Z77 motherboard? My Z77-I Deluxe just panics 2 seconds after trying to boot OS X with this method. Might be my BIOS settings or something but I feel I've tried everything (I have the right modified bios and GPU is removed). Or is it not intented to work with anything else than Gigabyte (inferior) hardware? Any help would be appreciated, because right now it means setting my previous Gigabyte Q6600 rig back up to OS X after I thought I was done with it... Great work still TonyMac and everyone!

iBoot for Ivy Bridge should work with your ASUS. You may need to use some additional kernel flags. Look around the forum for similar builds.

iBoot for Ivy Bridge should work with your ASUS. You may need to use some additional kernel flags. Look around the forum for similar builds.

If anyone has experienced a working install, please share your boot arguments. I've toured the forums and tried the boot arguments suggested there but none were for Asus and none worked.

You GO, beelz!!! Great job!!!!
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back