Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion: An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion: An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide

Would one be able to run Snow Leopard on An Ivy Bridge Custo-Mac? Or is this meant to be used solely as a means to run Mountain Lion?

Snow Leopard doesn't support Ivy Bridge, therefore the main purpose of this to show anyone with an Ivy Bridge build how to start from ground zero to get to Mountain Lion where it is supported.

Very nice tutorial. It pulls all the aspects of creating a Hackintosh together in one lesson.

Thanks.

Thanks Beelzebozo, I followed your guide and successfully built my first hackintosh. No issues to this point.. I didn't have access to Mountain Lion and I really wanted a Hackintosh. I own a copy of Snow Leopard from a previous failed attempt. So from Snow Leopard & iBoot to Mountain Lion 10.8.3. Sound works through Digital out to my Pioneer 7.1 receiver and video out via HDMI all to my 55 inch LCD TV. I'll get HDMI sound working next. Thanks again for such a great tutorial.

Agro2002

beel if you use a graphics card what to u set internal graphics as do u disable or put it on auto im stuck when ever i try installing nothing happens my pc resets i installed once n same thing when i try to boot from my drive black screen then the pc resets n im useing the same mobo with a i 7 3770k n i wana use my graphics card wich is r9 270 x can u help or can some one help

-

beel if you use a graphics card what to u set internal graphics as do u disable or put it on auto im stuck when ever i try installing nothing happens my pc resets i installed once n same thing when i try to boot from my drive black screen then the pc resets n im useing the same mobo with a i 7 3770k n i wana use my graphics card wich is r9 270 x can u help or can some one help

-

To use a GPU, I don't change anything in BIOS. I'm not very familiar with how to install with a r9 270X. Search the forum for info on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back