Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard on ProBook 4440s, white screen on boot after 10.6.8 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You already know about pkgutil...

I just learned about pkgutil...RTFM and all of that...

mechanical engineer != programmer

Let me think about the custom installer. It's not that I'm afraid to try something new, or that I've never been in over my head when undertaking a new project, but I feel like a real noob when it comes to this. So much to learn...

I just learned about pkgutil...RTFM and all of that...

mechanical engineer != programmer

Let me think about the custom installer. It's not that I'm afraid to try something new, or that I've never been in over my head when undertaking a new project, but I feel like a real noob when it comes to this. So much to learn...

Try the one attached. I can't test... don't have that config, but hopefully it works or at least gets you started.

Attachments

• pbi_sl_4x40_sandy.pkg.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 75
Try the one attached. I can't test... don't have that config, but hopefully it works or at least gets you started.

Thanks. Vanilla AppleHDA reinstalled. I'm ready to pull the trigger.

I assume I should select 'OS X support ktexts' then '4x40s support ktexts', yes?

Thanks. Vanilla AppleHDA reinstalled. I'm ready to pull the trigger.

I assume I should select 'OS X support ktexts' then '4x40s support ktexts', yes?

Yes, just like you normally would...

Note: No DSDT patch difference to take care of your AppleLPC issue. You need to add that...

BTW, do your USB2 ports work? Could be another DSDT thing to fix...

Yes, just like you normally would...

Note: No DSDT patch difference to take care of your AppleLPC issue. You need to add that...

BTW, do your USB2 ports work? Could be another DSDT thing to fix...

Audio-in works, audio-out doesn't. The UI elements are all there, but no sound.

All USB2 ports work, beautifully.

DSDT is my next action item. BTW, what does the AppleLPC do?

---

Recap: Everything works except for sound (which is pretty important) and HDMI (which is not so important).

Audio-in works, audio-out doesn't. The UI elements are all there, but no sound.

All USB2 ports work, beautifully.

DSDT is my next action item. BTW, what does the AppleLPC do?

---

Recap: Everything works except for sound (which is pretty important) and HDMI (which is not so important).

Maybe upload the AppleHDA you ended up with, and I'll compare to my 4530s SL install. You did do the DSDT section of the Probook Installer, right?

If you don't have AppleLPC loading it can cause overheat issues, perhaps others. I'm not perfectly clear about what it does, but it is something you want...

Maybe upload the AppleHDA you ended up with, and I'll compare to my 4530s SL install. You did do the DSDT section of the Probook Installer, right?

If you don't have AppleLPC loading it can cause overheat issues, perhaps others. I'm not perfectly clear about what it does, but it is something you want...

I've include 2 AppleHDA's. View attachment applehda_rehabman_patched.zip

1. after vanilla replacement, then running your patch
2. after a fresh os install, then running your patch

I did do the DSDT section of the Probook Installer.

As for the AppleLPC edit, it appears that MaciASL only runs on Lion+. I'm looking into making the changes with DSDTSE.

I've include 2 AppleHDA's. View attachment 75795

1. after vanilla replacement, then running your patch
2. after a fresh os install, then running your patch

They are the same, as would be expected, so that is good...

As for the AppleLPC edit, it appears that MaciASL only runs on Lion+. I'm looking into making the changes with DSDTSE.

The patch is probably compatible (patch syntax came from DSDT Editor).

They are the same, as would be expected, so that is good...

The patch is probably compatible (patch syntax came from DSDT Editor).

Good? No audio-out though. Any further thoughts?

I tried to patch DSDT, put the new file in Extras, reboot. No AppleLPC appears in RegIO. Would you mind applying the patch to rule out me screwing something up?
View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

Good? No audio-out though. Any further thoughts?

I suspect Platforms.xml and layout12.xml work on Lion but not on SL for that codec, for some unknown reason. I may see something in your ioreg... see below.

I tried to patch DSDT, put the new file in Extras, reboot. No AppleLPC appears in RegIO. Would you mind applying the patch to rule out me screwing something up?
View attachment 75801

Post your ioreg with your (additionally) patched DSDT in place: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back