yad

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've followed RehabMan's guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/78905-guide-installing-snow-leopard-hp-probook.html

After step 9, I reboot (using iBoot...due to the 4k/AF issue...and boot into my fresh install). After the Apple logo start-up screen, the screen goes white...that's it...it goes no further.

I've tried -v, -x, -v -x, GraphicsEnabler=No with no luck.

I've tried probably a dozen times with various tweaks. I'm starting to pull my hair out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've followed RehabMan's guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/78905-guide-installing-snow-leopard-hp-probook.html

After step 9, I reboot (using iBoot...due to the 4k/AF issue...and boot into my fresh install). After the Apple logo start-up screen, the screen goes white...that's it...it goes no further.

I've tried -v, -x, -v -x, GraphicsEnabler=No with no luck.

I've tried probably a dozen times with various tweaks. I'm starting to pull my hair out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There is no support on Snow Leopard for Ivy Bridge CPUs, nor HD4000. Also there is no support in the ProBook Installer for 4x40s series with Sandy Bridge CPU (although it is likely possible). Do you have an Ivy Bridge CPU or Sandy Bridge CPU?

There is no support on Snow Leopard for Ivy Bridge CPUs, nor HD4000. Also there is no support in the ProBook Installer for 4x40s series with Sandy Bridge CPU (although it is likely possible). Do you have an Ivy Bridge CPU or Sandy Bridge CPU?

It's a Sandy Bridge (i3-2370M) with HD3000 graphics.

ProBook Installer has selections for 4x40s Sandy Bridge.

It's a Sandy Bridge (i3-2370M) with HD3000 graphics.

ProBook Installer has selections for 4x40s Sandy Bridge.

Yes, but it is not enabled/tested for Snow Leopard 4x40s Sandy (only Lion/ML/Mavs). You could probably do it, but you'll have to install some things/apply patches manually. Even then it may not work, for example you have a 7-series chipset and the support for that chipset may be lacking in SL.

Why not just install Mavs?

Yes, but it is not enabled/tested for Snow Leopard 4x40s Sandy (only Lion/ML/Mavs). You could probably do it, but you'll have to install some things/apply patches manually. Even then it may not work, for example you have a 7-series chipset and the support for that chipset may be lacking in SL.

Why not just install Mavs?

Are you saying that ProBook Installer doesn't detect what OS is being patched (and just throws everything option out there)? If so, that sucks. I bought this specifically to be hackintoshed as SL.

I want Snow Leopard specifically for Rosetta (I've not updated my other macs for this reason as well).

Are you saying that ProBook Installer doesn't detect what OS is being patched (and just throws everything option out there)? If so, that sucks. I bought this specifically to be hackintoshed as SL.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying the ProBook Installer specifically checks against the OS version installed and does patches to system kexts dependent on your selections and what version is detected.

For the 4x30s options:
Code:
case $osxver in
10.6.8)	echo "OS X Snow Leopard $osxver detected."
		./KextPatch.sh ./list_4x30sl "${3}"
		cp ./boot_sl.plist "${3}"/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
		;;
10.7*)	echo "OS X Lion $osxver detected."
		./KextPatch.sh ./list_4x30l "${3}"
		cp ./boot_ml.plist "${3}"/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
		;;
10.8*)	echo "OS X Mountain Lion $osxver detected."
		./KextPatch.sh ./list_4x30ml "${3}"
		;;
10.9*)	echo "OS X Mavericks $osxver detected."
		./KextPatch.sh ./list_4x30ml "${3}"
		;;
*)		echo "Unknown or unsupported OS X version, aborting."
		;;
esac

But for 4x40s:
Code:
10.7.5)	echo "OS X Lion $osxver detected."
		./KextPatch.sh ./list_4x40l "${3}"
		;;
10.8*)	echo "OS X Mountain Lion $osxver detected."
		./KextPatch.sh ./list_4x40ml "${3}"
		;;
10.9*)	echo "OS X Mavericks $osxver detected."
		./KextPatch.sh ./list_4x40mav "${3}"
		;;
*)		echo "Unknown or unsupported OS X version, aborting."
		;;
esac

You could try running the ProBook Installer in two passes. First one to patch kexts and setup org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Tell it you have a 4x30s (even though you don't), so you get the first block of code above (with detection of SL). For the second pass, do the rest, including DSDT patches for 4x40s Sandy.

The only issue that I can think of (that does not mean there wouldn't be more) is that you will probably need the AppleRTC patch to avoid CMOS resets (it is attribute of the 7-series board, not the 6-series board). You can apply that with Multibeast (SL version) or manually apply the patch. Not sure if it is a different patch as the one we use for Lion:
Code:
perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' AppleRTC

And like I said, it still may not work because of poor or incomplete support for the 7-series chipset in SL (eg. you will likely need to inject LPC device-id from DSDT for SL, as it probably does not have the id for 7-series chipset in AppleLPC.kext). See... I just thought of another issue...

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying the ProBook Installer specifically checks against the OS version installed and does patches to system kexts dependent on your selections and what version is detected.

Okay...I understand that the 7-series chipset may be an issue on it's own, but in the interest of better understanding what ProBook Installer does (and how I can best work with it), here's a pic of the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/wItyKqd.jpg

My confusion comes when I see 4x40s as an available option.

If I need to do the two step method you described, that's fine. I wanted you to see what I see before proceeding though.

Okay...I understand that the 7-series chipset may be an issue on it's own, but in the interest of better understanding what ProBook Installer does (and how I can best work with it), here's a pic of the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/wItyKqd.jpg

My confusion comes when I see 4x40s as an available option.

Of course the option is there. It is valid on Lion/ML/Mavericks. The ProBook Installer does not prune the options it displays with OS version detected.

If I need to do the two step method you described, that's fine. I wanted you to see what I see before proceeding though.

Try it, see what happens...

Try it, see what happens...

4x30s ktext: no good...same white screen

I've been skipping Chameleon due to the 4k/AF issue...I assume I can apply that later once/if this more serious problem is resolved.

4x30s ktext: no good...same white screen

What is the contents of your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

I've been skipping Chameleon due to the 4k/AF issue...I assume I can apply that later once/if this more serious problem is resolved.

No, you can't skip it. If you're booting from the USB, then you're not using the intended org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Get serious :) ... and solve the HDD boot before going further...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back