Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone!

So I have ran into a little issue with my first Hackintosh that I built almost exactly like the MacPro Custo Build listed here. I would like to preface with the fact that this is my first Hackintosh build but I am fairly knowledgable with PC builds. I own a Macbook Pro so I have complete access to everything I need from a Mac or the internet. I am a video editor and built this hackintosh to be my Home machine. I have included the specs below:

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH EATX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" SSD (1 for OSX, 1 for Windows)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM (Mac Storage)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB
Cooler Master HAF X
Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V
LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Dell U2412M 24.0"
Apple Keyboard MB110LL/B

The build itself went great, no issues and the Motherboard gave the glorious one beep the first time I turned it on. Then the troubles hit. I was able to install Snow Leopard using iBoot DVD and installing from a flash drive (direct from Apple a few years ago). Everything boots up great, but after installing the Combo Update (10.6.8) when I try to run MultiBeast, the two installers crash. I saw others had this problem so I installed the combo update, restarted my machine, booted back into SL using iboot, and then tried to run MultiBeast. I choose EasyBeast since I have the newest Gigabyte motherboards. The installer shows that it successfully installed. When I try to boot directly from the drive I get stuck on the grey screen with the apple logo. I tried again using -v boot flag and it goes through everything, and goes black. I took a video of it so that I could screenshot the last second to see the argument.

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=C495E711-AP06-34D8-9574-3AE5230B6C71 rd=*uuid PCIRootUID=1

I tried using different bootflags like -x, PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No to no avail.

I also tried to go straight to Mountain Lion (My preferred system) using UniBeast (followed the instructions from this site to a T) and when I try to boot into that USB I get the exact same argument.

I have also tried all of these steps with and without my graphics card plugged in. There seems to be no difference between the two setups. I only have one SSD drive plugged in while doing this. All RAM is installed and recognized by OS X.

Any help? Anything I could possibly doing wrong? I will take any and all suggestions. Since this is my first time I am SURE I am doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what. Thank you everyone!

You don't need to install chimera w/ Multibeast or do anything with multi beast while you're on Snow Leopard. Once you've got 10.6.8 just go to the app store and download Mavericks to make your Unibeast drive with that. Then do a clean install of Mavericks from the unibeast drive. Try to do the install with integrated graphics first before installing the 770. You might also try to take some pics of your bios settings. Just have a FAT32 formatted flash drive plugged in a 2.0 port and hit F12 on each of sections of the bios and then post them here for review.

Thanks for the reply! I have a Unibeast drive for Mountain Lion that I made from my Macbook Pro. When I try to do a clean install from that drive (master boot record, MacOSX Journaled, followed instructions on this webiste) I still get the exact same boot issues. Do you still think I am better off just trying to download Mavericks and making the Unibeast drive for that directly out of my hackintosh?

I will take the snapshots of my Bios when I get home! Thanks!

BIOS Features.jpgM.I.T.jpgPeripherals.jpgPeripherals_2.jpgPower Management.jpgSystem Information.jpg

Here are some screenshots from my BIOS! Let me know if there is anything I should change. I tried to make sure they best mimicked the screenshots of others... however I believe they changed some things in this motherboard compared to previous ones! Thanks for all your help

Here are some screenshots from my BIOS! Let me know if there is anything I should change. I tried to make sure they best mimicked the screenshots of others... however I believe they changed some things in this motherboard compared to previous ones! Thanks for all your help

If you are trying to install SL with the GTX770 installed it won't work. The GTX770 is not supported in 10.6.x, 10.7.x or 10.8.x. Remove the GTX770 and install using the HD4600 gfx on the CPU for install. Only put the 770 back in after you upgrade to Mavericks.

View attachment 88348View attachment 88349View attachment 88350View attachment 88351View attachment 88352View attachment 88353

First step: Remove the 770 first. Next go into the bios and make the following changes.
Under Peripherals, change initial display setting to igfx. Set VT-d to disabled if you haven't
made that change already. Save and exit and then boot from the unibeast drive, either ML or Mavericks, and see if you can then install OS X. You may need to use -x -v as boot flags. If it does hang/KP just take a photo of your screen where it stops and post it here.

Wonderful! Last night I took out the Graphics card and followed your first instructions. I was able to get Mavericks installed (hooray). When booting on to the unibeast drive, my screen went black, and then got all digital snowy, and then loaded into OSX Installation and installed without a hitch (odd?). AFTER installation I tried to boot into the Mavericks Drive (through unibeast USB) and I got mach_kernel errors. Once I was able to somewhat bypass those, my final roadblock was a message that read kxld[com.apple.AppleRTC]: The Mach-0 file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca.This was the furthest I have gotten as it was late and I wanted to see what you all had to say about my BIOS. I am going to try this suggestion when I get home tonight (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...issue-com-apple-driver-applertc-mach-0-a.html). Thanks for all your help everyone!

Note: When I tried to install Mountain Lion again (after I got Mavericks installed) just to see if it would work, I still got the same errors as before when I started this thread. I was hoping since the Mavericks Unibeast was working, the ML one would work too.

First step: Remove the 770 first. Next go into the bios and make the following changes.
Under Peripherals, change initial display setting to igfx. Set VT-d to disabled if you haven't
made that change already. Save and exit and then boot from the unibeast drive, either ML or Mavericks, and see if you can then install OS X. You may need to use -x -v as boot flags. If it does hang/KP just take a photo of your screen where it stops and post it here.

I am getting new boot errors after installing per these instructions. I will need to take a picture and upload it for review. One question I did have before I do that though.... When changing my BIOS, I was able to disable Intel Virtualization Technology, however under that option VT-d was listed but greyed out (as enabled). Is the fact that it's greyed out mean that it is disabled already? Is there anyway to change that? (Enabling or disabling the Intel Virtualization Technology did not change the option from being greyed out). Thanks for all the help guys, I feel like I am getting much closer to a working machine!

I am getting new boot errors after installing per these instructions. I will need to take a picture and upload it for review. One question I did have before I do that though.... When changing my BIOS, I was able to disable Intel Virtualization Technology, however under that option VT-d was listed but greyed out (as enabled). Is the fact that it's greyed out mean that it is disabled already? Is there anyway to change that? (Enabling or disabling the Intel Virtualization Technology did not change the option from being greyed out). Thanks for all the help guys, I feel like I am getting much closer to a working machine!

Your cpu does not support vt-d, so although there may be a visible sign of it in the bios, its not possible for it to be enabled.

Once I was able to somewhat bypass those, my final roadblock was a message that read kxld[com.apple.AppleRTC]: The Mach-0 file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca.This was the furthest I have gotten as it was late and I wanted to see what you all had to say about my BIOS. I am going to try this suggestion when I get home tonight (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...issue-com-apple-driver-applertc-mach-0-a.html).

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that I used the advice from the link above and my machine is fully functional now with OSX 10.9.2! I had to mount my SSD to my macbook pro so that I could run multibeast from a stable machine and apply the changes to that drive. Once I plugged it back into my tower, it booted from the drive FLAWLESSLY! Thank you for all of the help. I really appreciate it. Also note: I made every BIOS change that was suggested in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back