Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits for AMD 5xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 3a: Kext Edits for AMD 5xxx

toleda said:
Jammol said:
Hey Toleda, I am currently on 10.6.6 with AppleHDA 1.9.9 and modified DSDT from a friend. If I were to update to 10.6.8, will I still have HDMI audio?

I'd suggest going only to 10.6.7. I have not gotten HDMI audio to work on 10.6.8, yet.

I got HDMI to work on 10.6.8. Used a friends' DSDT on here cause I couldn't get mine to work. He has the same build. Only problem I have is when I sleep my Mac, it shuts all the way down. o_O

Jammol said:
toleda said:
Jammol said:
Hey Toleda, I am currently on 10.6.6 with AppleHDA 1.9.9 and modified DSDT from a friend. If I were to update to 10.6.8, will I still have HDMI audio?

I'd suggest going only to 10.6.7. I have not gotten HDMI audio to work on 10.6.8, yet.

I got HDMI to work on 10.6.8. Used a friends' DSDT on here cause I couldn't get mine to work. He has the same build. Only problem I have is when I sleep my Mac, it shuts all the way down. o_O

What Bios Rev is the DSDT you posted based on? I have the exact same ram,mobo and cpu, vid card as you. Is it just as simple as loading the dsdt with multibeast?

After a lot of struggle I got my Hackintosh back up and running yesterdday. HDMI audio from my Dual Slot XFX 5770 would be a bonus, as would 10.6.8..

Kind of paranoid to mess with a good thing again though.

I actually got the DSDT from someone else. Rev2 F9 Bios. The only problem is that I get a KP when I select restart. I think it's from my USB driver.

toleda said:
Jammol said:

I got the HDMI video and audio work on 10.6.8, the only problem is display port not work properly.
Still need to use patched AppleHDA 1.9.9 for my board to make HDMI audio.

ishige said:
I got the HDMI video and audio work on 10.6.8, the only problem is display port not work properly.

Regarding DisplayPort, I assume you are using Uakari framebuffer, try this in 10.6.8 and 10.7:

ATI5000Controller.kext/info.plist: Rename ATY,Hoolock to ATY,Uakari

HDMI and DP video and audio all working in 10.6.8 and 10.7. All the credit to redratto.

More info: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,1069.0.html

When you're ready, the Lion AppleHDA works in 10.6.8 but it seems to require your 889 on board audio to be working for HDMI audio to show up. Good luck.

toleda said:
ATI5000Controller.kext/info.plist: Rename ATY,Hoolock to ATY,Uakari

HDMI and DP video and audio all working in 10.6.8 and 10.7. All the credit to redratto.

More info: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,1069.0.html

When you're ready, the Lion AppleHDA works in 10.6.8 but it seems to require your 889 on board audio to be working for HDMI audio to show up. Good luck.

Thank you, toleda.
I will try it.
**** Update *****
After change ATY,Hoolock to ATY,Uakari, only DP and DVI work, HDMI will not work.
This method can only active 2 screen at same time.
I decided to use 3 kext from 10.6.6 (version was 1.6.26.22) to get 3 monitor works.

ishige said:
toleda said:
Jammol said:

Hi, ishige:
I am also using GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard.
I can get AppleHDA 2.1.1 working , but unable to get HDMI audio working now.
Can you provide your DSDT.aml and AppleHDA.kext (1.9.9) for testing ?
Thanks.

Im not even sure where to start with this problem, there seems to be lots of methods but most are vague or extremely lengthy and not too many people shouting success.

Ive got a Asus EAH 5850 and am trying to make HDMI audio work on 10.6.8. If anyone can point me in the right direction id be very grateful.

My specs:
Gigabyte X58A UD3R Rev 1.0
i7 920
6Gb DDR3
Asus 5850 1Gb
Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Currently im using the AppleHDA rollback mod from multibeast for Onboard Audio, i have not tried VoodooHDA as i cant work out which version of it i need to test.

jasjeet said:
Im not even sure where to start with this problem, there seems to be lots of methods but most are vague or extremely lengthy and not too many people shouting success.

There is no easy way to get HDMI audio in Snow Leopard. Regarding Voodoo, the plan is try each one until your find one that works and sounds good. If you don't find a Voodoo solution that works, the guides in this forum tell you exactly how to enable HDMI audio on your Snow Leopard system.

Two steps:

1. DSDT Edits: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030
2. Kext Edits: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22031

Good luck.

Ok im totally stuck here.
Firstly i cant find an AppleHDA v1.9.9, and do i need to do the AppleHDA edit for my HDMI Audio on my ATi 5850? Or do i just need to do the ATiFramebuffer edit?

Also i try to run ./radeon_bios_decode < HD5850.vbios.bin
i got no file HD5850.vbios.bin exists, so i create an empty file with gedit and change the extension to .bin.
I run it again: ./radeon_bios_decode < HD5850.vbios.bin
I get "No AtomBios signature found"

Now what?

Ok figured out that HD5850.vbios.bin is meant to be your ATi cards Bios Dump.
So i found my 5850's Bios dump at techpowerup and renamed it to HD5850.vbios.bin, then i ran the command, heres the ouput:

PCI ID: 1002:6899
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 45412]: DisplayPort (10)
Encoder [@offset 45416]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
i2cid [@offset 45540]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 45422]: HDMI-A (11)
Encoder [@offset 45426]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
i2cid [@offset 45567]: 0x93, OSX senseid: 0x4
Connector at index 2
Type [@offset 45432]: DVI-I (2)
Encoder [@offset 45436]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)
i2cid [@offset 45604]: 0x92, OSX senseid: 0x3
Connector at index 3
Type [@offset 45442]: DVI-I (2)
Encoder [@offset 45446]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC2 (0x16)
i2cid [@offset 45604]: 0x92, OSX senseid: 0x3
Connector at index 4
Type [@offset 45452]: DVI-I (2)
Encoder [@offset 45456]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
i2cid [@offset 45641]: 0x94, OSX senseid: 0x5
Connector at index 5
Type [@offset 45462]: DVI-I (2)
Encoder [@offset 45466]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 45641]: 0x94, OSX senseid: 0x5

So the HDMi Sense ID: senseid: 0x4
I have opened IOReg but not sure what i am looking for, i think this is the HDMI connector:

opixw.png

This is the only connector not to have Display Type: None when only the HDMI is connected. I dont see a match but now i have no idea how to do the following:

Edit the Framebuffer, how and what edits to make?
Install Framebuffer to Kext? How do you install the binary to a kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back