Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits for AMD 5xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Demystifying HDMI Audio Part 3a: Kext Edits for AMD 5xxx

You my friend are a genius to figure this out. For me I have had it with this setup and even the new 6870 loads up some strange frame buffer and blacks out when I upgrade it to anything higher than 10.6.3.

vancityex said:
You my friend are a genius to figure this out. For me I have had it with this setup and even the new 6870 loads up some strange frame buffer and blacks out when I upgrade it to anything higher than 10.6.3.

The 6870 does not have support until 10.6.8. Set GraphicsEnabler=No. You'll have VESA resolution but it works good enough for updates and Multibeast.

I tried upgrading from10.6.3 to 10.6.8 but still no display,I will give it another shot with graphic enabler = no.

tomekkulesza said:
Can see my Samsung Led tv pluged to HDMI and monitor pluged to DVI.
I can see HDMI Audio in the outpu but when switching to it i cant control the level BUT it works in Samsung LED.

T
It has been well documented that volume is controlled by the device connected ie tv or AVR . Software controls do not work.

vancityex said:
I tried upgrading from10.6.3 to 10.6.8 but still no display,I will give it another shot with graphic enabler = no.
Let us say if I upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 to lion then what frame buffer should I select in DSDT edit when GE = no in my case. Thanks

vancityex said:
vancityex said:
Let us say if I upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 to lion then what frame buffer should I select in DSDT edit when GE = no in my case. Thanks

Enter at boot: "GraphicsEnabler=No" (without quotes)
The default framebuffer (radeonFramebuffer) will load. You will be able to use the card.

When in Lion, enter at boot: "GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Vervet"

So the GE=No did the trick, I am able to upgrade to 10.6.7 from there onto 10.6.8 and I am getting full 1080p video resolution. Right now I am upgrading into Lion ,so will follow your lead and will use GE = yes and vervet frame buffer, from there will try to edit DSDT to get HDMI audio.After this is done I for sure owe u six packs or more, I can't thank u enough.fingers crossed......just booted into lion 10.7.0.

So i was able to boot into Lion and upgrade into 10.7.1. Then i decided to use MB for Lion and run the options user dsdt ,sys utilities ,apple 64 boot and the booting issues came right back .now booted with the GE=Yes aticonfig=vervet and got into working partition again.now will try to edit dsdt and edit boot options so i do not have to write this command and every boot.

Enter at boot: "GraphicsEnabler=No" (without quotes)
The default framebuffer (radeonFramebuffer) will load. You will be able to use the card.

When in Lion, enter at boot: "GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Vervet"[/quote]
yes this did the trick anyway to integrate this system so that i do not have to use this flag all the time and HDMI sound is still not working i posted my files on the other discussion.thanks

With 6870 in 10.7.1 I let it use whatever frame buffer it wanted to with GE=yes.

DSDT edit I used was just the generic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back