Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard HDMI Audio - Part 2: DSDT Edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
macwill said:
I'm using a monitor IPS236V and a CRT Flatron T910B.
This output goes to my receiver with great quality in both windows and in ubuntu. And also TV Philips with HDMI.
What's actually connected to your Lion system?

macwill said:
Monitor IPS236V with HDMI connection and a CRT Flatron T910B with VGA/DVI connection.
Try Lion connected to "my receiver with great quality in both windows and in ubuntu. And also TV Philips with HDMI."

macwill said:
Monitor IPS236V with HDMI connection and a CRT Flatron T910B with VGA/DVI connection.

macwill,

Try to connect the system to the receiver without any adapters for HDMI:

Lion PC HDMI > Receiver > LG Monitor
Lion VGA/DVI > CRT

Dear friends,
the scheme on my PC is:

Lion HDMI PC> Monitor LG> Receiver> Audio (mute)
Lion PC DVI> DVI / VGA> CRT

Lion PC Audio Output> Receiver> Audio (works with GTX550 Toleda)
Lion PC output Mic> Mic (works with GTX550 Toleda)

Thanks for the help.

I apologize for my bad English.

ARGH!

I've been able to follow every step successfully until the last one--when I compile the DSDT, it compiles successfully. Then I install it and select /extra. I reboot, and check the DSDT, and its back to the original version--without any edits.

Even if i check it before rebooting (IE, install the edited DSDT, close out DSDTSE and reopen, its the original version for some reason)

Any clues??

Thanks

So i got it to work by using Multibeast to install, but when it reboots, my USB ports -- all of them -- stopped working.

before I tried it again, when searching for 0x00010000, it did show up in a few locations:

under Device (PCI0)
under Device (Mem)
under Device (IGD0), but under the Device(IGD0), in the name heading, it says 0x00020000, so I dont know if that matters

I changed the 0x00030000 in the edit DSDT file to 0x00010000 to match my system, but still not working.

I figure 0x00010000 is shared with the USB ports, too? Dont know if that makes sense at all?

Is there anything I can do or am I destined to be without HDMI audio?

Thanks for any help, and let me know if I should post anything at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back