GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Snow Leopard Hangs on Apple screen after 10.6.8 & Multibeast installation

I am so close, but not quite there. As the the title shows my SL hung on the white screen after I installed 10.6.8. & multibeast. I followed the when and how with according to the 10.6 guide.

I have also removed my Graphics card which is the Gigabyte GV-N760OC-2GD and ran the monitor through the DVI connection on the mobo but the screen still hangs on on the apple logo after rebooting.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thx

The build is:
Hackintosh-home built
  • GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB OC
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-GAMING GT Z97 ATX MOBO
  • CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H100I EXTREME CPU COOLER
  • Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB 1600mhz
  • SanDisk Extreme II 120GB SATA 3 SSD
  • WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Int 3.5
  • Killer Atherous

I have been able to boot back into SL using the iBoot CD. But I still dont have internet connection, so I have ordered one of those USB WIFI that are supposed to work with 10.6. We will see if that can correct my issues.

Last edited:
jm

Major issues here I think...

First of you will need to use iBOOT for all boot ups untill u get Mavericks or Yosemite installed as SL has no support for the Z97 interface on this mother board.

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-GAMING GT Z97 ATX MOBO

Also you list the Killer network card ... this also is an issue w SL. Almost sure that no Kext is available to use to make this work... ( not even sure Mav or Yo have kexts for this as well- I could be wrong.)

SO another network method must be used.

Thanks for responding,

The latter issue I am aware about. I was able to get an affordable Airport network card from a vendor on ebay, now all the SL updates are on the computer.

but thanks for letting me know about the hang. so if i install Yosemite it should take care of the hanging (its still hanging with all th SL updates)?

jm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back