Contribute
Register

Smbios

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure to update your SSD with the latest firmware:

didn't think SSDT-PMC.aml was for icelake systems?

you can edit/add in your own platform-id for your device properties, you can use propertree if you are on a windows system, or plisteditpro on mac

OpenPartitionDxe and OpenUsbKbDxe.efi is still probably not needed
Ok first of all does the SSD even matter? I mean I am booting from a usb it doesn’t even access the ssd. So is that really gonna make any difference?
SSDT.PMC was in your guide for ice l but I guess I could remove it. Also the only os I jave access to now is a live cd ubuntu from a usb my ssd is wiped and unformatted. Can I do all the stuff you told me to on the Ubuntu?

Ok first of all does the SSD even matter? I mean I am booting from a usb it doesn’t even access the ssd. So is that really gonna make any difference?
SSDT.PMC was in your guide for ice l but I guess I could remove it. Also the only os I jave access to now is a live cd ubuntu from a usb my ssd is wiped and unformatted. Can I do all the stuff you told me to on the Ubuntu?
SSDT.PMC is not part of Icelake guide

and yes the SSD does matter, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it

SSDT.PMC is not part of Icelake guide

and yes the SSD does matter, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it
Ok well I removed that pmc and then the openusb stuff you told me I don’t need and I still get the same error. However as I said my ssd is erased and unformatted right now,so how can I update the firmware and get my device properties for the config from a Ubuntu usb? Can I? I really don’t want to install another os apart from macOS if it’s not absolutely neccessary and if there is a way to do it through the Ubuntu usb.

Ok well I removed that pmc and then the openusb stuff you told me I don’t need and I still get the same error. However as I said my ssd is erased and unformatted right now,so how can I update the firmware and get my device properties for the config from a Ubuntu usb? Can I? I really don’t want to install another os apart from macOS if it’s not absolutely neccessary and if there is a way to do it through the Ubuntu usb.
easy test, remove the ssd and see if it boots to the mac recovery

yeah about the ssd I checked and it doesn’t recognize it as a boot device right now. And in boot manager there is nothing if I remove the USB and thus message appears. Doesn’t this mean that technically there is no SSD for the system even if there is? Isn’t it the same as removing it?
also what about the device properties? What should I put in there?

Attachments

• C3FFD63B-88AF-4E88-9AD4-5532F1CDFA92.jpeg
    C3FFD63B-88AF-4E88-9AD4-5532F1CDFA92.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I think you should take a look at this. I ran a few tests. I tried booting with only required kexts with nothing extra then I tried booting kexts which I am sure I will need and also played with device properties and apple secure boot every time there is the same thing check it out. By the way in ACPI I only have the two most required drivers

Attachments

• CD627A83-EB98-4AC5-A38D-987750F6F5A4.jpeg
    CD627A83-EB98-4AC5-A38D-987750F6F5A4.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 27
  • FFA95F42-D8F0-477F-9734-F543949FCB30.jpeg
    FFA95F42-D8F0-477F-9734-F543949FCB30.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DCFC5704-43B3-4B97-A8B4-02950D3E2C63.jpeg
    DCFC5704-43B3-4B97-A8B4-02950D3E2C63.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 31
I think you should take a look at this. I ran a few tests. I tried booting with only required kexts with nothing extra then I tried booting kexts which I am sure I will need and also played with device properties and apple secure boot every time there is the same thing check it out. By the way in ACPI I only have the two most required drivers
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Ok so what exactly did you want me to see there? I mean I know the kexts have to match my hardware info and I have done my best to do so. However don’t you think if I play around with different kexts in my folder deleting them readding them and then getting the exact same error and the exact same thing I don’t know but I think my problem is not with kexts. Otherwise as I changed them around I would have had different errors don’t you think? It’s almost clear to me it’s an ACPI problem yet I only have the required drivers in ACPI. So it’s weird. Anyway what do you think based on the screenshots only and nothing else we have discussed so far? Also the thing I got from the guide is Clover needs extra kexts as well so should I load my OpenCore kexts into clover and try to boot that as well? I mean I didn’t create two different usbs just to give up on one because people prefer the other one(a.k.a clover and OpenCore)

Ok so what exactly did you want me to see there? I mean I know the kexts have to match my hardware info and I have done my best to do so. However don’t you think if I play around with different kexts in my folder deleting them readding them and then getting the exact same error and the exact same thing I don’t know but I think my problem is not with kexts. Otherwise as I changed them around I would have had different errors don’t you think? It’s almost clear to me it’s an ACPI problem yet I only have the required drivers in ACPI. So it’s weird. Anyway what do you think based on the screenshots only and nothing else we have discussed so far? Also the thing I got from the guide is Clover needs extra kexts as well so should I load my OpenCore kexts into clover and try to boot that as well? I mean I didn’t create two different usbs just to give up on one because people prefer the other one(a.k.a clover and OpenCore)
your hardware profile only showing nvidia? no Intel Graphics? if you have intel graphics then update your profile correctly please:

Attachments

• 395FF4F1-C267-48A1-A2DB-0FC53AA0EC23.jpeg
    395FF4F1-C267-48A1-A2DB-0FC53AA0EC23.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back