Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo LNVNB161216
CPU
Intel Core i5-1035G1
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce MX350,Intel UHD graphics
Hey,so since the tutorial I followed never said anything about smbios I now have a wrong configuration amd clover doesn’t boot. And now I no longer have access to macOS virtually since I wiped my drive where I am going to install it actually. I am trying to install it now but I need a smbios. Anyone have an smbios for MacBookAir9,1 or whichever model a laptop with a Core i5-1035G1 Ice Lake is? I need all the data because as I said I can’t run Clover Configurator now so I have to manually edit the values at boot in the Efi settings.

Hey,so since the tutorial I followed never said anything about smbios I now have a wrong configuration amd clover doesn’t boot. And now I no longer have access to macOS virtually since I wiped my drive where I am going to install it actually. I am trying to install it now but I need a smbios. Anyone have an smbios for MacBookAir9,1 or whichever model a laptop with a Core i5-1035G1 Ice Lake is? I need all the data because as I said I can’t run Clover Configurator now so I have to manually edit the values at boot in the Efi settings.
you can just use MacBookAir9,1 in this section of the guide (just change the SystemProductName ):

Code:
<key>Generic</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AdviseWindows</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MLB</key>
            <string>M0000000000000001</string>
            <key>ProcessorType</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>ROM</key>
            <data>
            ESIzRFVm
            </data>
            <key>SpoofVendor</key>
            <true/>
            <key>SystemMemoryStatus</key>
            <string>Auto</string>
            <key>SystemProductName</key>
            <string>MacBookPro13,1</string>
            <key>SystemSerialNumber</key>
            <string>W00000000001</string>
            <key>SystemUUID</key>
            <string>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</string>
        </dict>

you can just use MacBookAir9,1 in this section of the guide (just change the SystemProductName ):

Code:
<key>Generic</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AdviseWindows</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MLB</key>
            <string>M0000000000000001</string>
            <key>ProcessorType</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>ROM</key>
            <data>
            ESIzRFVm
            </data>
            <key>SpoofVendor</key>
            <true/>
            <key>SystemMemoryStatus</key>
            <string>Auto</string>
            <key>SystemProductName</key>
            <string>MacBookPro13,1</string>
            <key>SystemSerialNumber</key>
            <string>W00000000001</string>
            <key>SystemUUID</key>
            <string>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</string>
        </dict>
I did I changed only the System Product Name. Is that correct? Should I change anything else? Anway as soon as I changed it it generated new numbers probably for the new model but same error. I tried countless combinations of boot args and injecting various things. Please help

Attachments

• 2C7B14BF-EFF8-4EDA-9603-85787E8AD4BF.jpeg
    2C7B14BF-EFF8-4EDA-9603-85787E8AD4BF.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
I did I changed only the System Product Name. Is that correct? Should I change anything else? Anway as soon as I changed it it generated new numbers probably for the new model but same error. I tried countless combinations of boot args and injecting various things. Please help
read post 1 and post 2 of the guide and make the needed changes:

Thread post 1 and post 2 of the guide and make the needed changes:
Ok I am confused. I tried adding the files to ACPI and then whatever folder I forgot where the other amls were then I edited my plist file to add the amls there and now my smbios even though it says MacBookAir9,1 in the config it now reports as MacBookPro8 something in the boot settings. So if I change that to MacBookAir9,1 it still doesn’t boot and still the same error. Also my config.plist doesn’t have any of those options listed in that thread,like it doesn’t have them in the code at all so I can’t change them and I don’t know where to add them. My plist was created with unibeast so it’s quite shorter with less code than for example the one which is shared in that thread. So here is my config.plist right now you can check it. Tell me if I have to replace it with the one shared in that thread and edit all the options for ice lake. Also I am using Clover you shared a guide for OpenCore

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Ok I am confused. I tried adding the files to ACPI and then whatever folder I forgot where the other amls were then I edited my plist file to add the amls there and now my smbios even though it says MacBookAir9,1 in the config it now reports as MacBookPro8 something in the boot settings. So if I change that to MacBookAir9,1 it still doesn’t boot and still the same error. Also my config.plist doesn’t have any of those options listed in that thread,like it doesn’t have them in the code at all so I can’t change them and I don’t know where to add them. My plist was created with unibeast so it’s quite shorter with less code than for example the one which is shared in that thread. So here is my config.plist right now you can check it. Tell me if I have to replace it with the one shared in that thread and edit all the options for ice lake.
no idea why you are trying to use a clover config.plist when the guide I linked you uses opencore......?

Any
no idea why you are trying to use a clover config.plist when the guide I linked you uses opencore......?
well I have an OpenCore usb as well but I followed the dortania guide. I am not going to reinstall just to follow another guide because I followed the dortania guide exactly and most of the stuff is the same and I got this error on my OpenCore. I checked with your guide and everything is the same but the amls have a bit of different names. So I replaced all the amls with the ones from your guide and then same thing. One thing to note is I don’t have this sect in my Device Properties.
“Device Properties - Add - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
AAPL,ig-platform-id 0000528A
device-id 5C8A0000 if needed
change - framebuffer-unifiedmem 000000C0”
Anyway I am uploading my efi folder as it currently is please check it for errors because I really need to boot this thing.

Attachments

• CBBAD93C-264F-4686-BCBF-68E7B80014C1.jpeg
    CBBAD93C-264F-4686-BCBF-68E7B80014C1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • efi.zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 52
Any

well I have an OpenCore usb as well but I followed the dortania guide. I am not going to reinstall just to follow another guide because I followed the dortania guide exactly and most of the stuff is the same and I got this error on my OpenCore.
but you haven't followed neither guide.....?

your config.plist you uploaded previously was not from dortania nor was it from my guide...

your new efi.zip does have a proper config.plist

but you are missing your DeviceProperties section:
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
            <dict/>
        </dict>
no properties in there?

you have the rename but missing: SSDT-XOSI.aml

lilu.kext should be listed first in your list of kexts

not sure if you need OpenUsbKbDxe.efi

but you haven't followed neither guide.....?

your config.plist you uploaded previously was not from dortania nor was it from my guide...

your new efi.zip does have a proper config.plist

but you are missing your DeviceProperties section:
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
            <dict/>
        </dict>
no properties in there?

you have the rename but missing: SSDT-XOSI.aml

lilu.kext should be listed first in your list of kexts

not sure if you need OpenUsbKbDxe.efi
There is the efi that EXACTLY matches the dortania guide.
The lilu kext is first now
SSDT-XOSI is in the ACPI folder and is not missing.
OpenUSb… is said to be left there in the guide
also what am I supposed to do about the device section that’s not my fault. It’s supposed to be auto-generated. I can’t create it myself. If you know how please edit it and send it back.

This is my hardware configuration as far as I know
CPU Intel Core i5-1035G1 4 cores 8 threads Ice Lake U
Ram 8GB DDR4
Motherboard LNVNB161216(Lenovo),Intel 495(probably chipset but I don’t know)
Gpu Integrated Intel UHD graphics, Nvidia GeForce Mx350 2GB discrete
Storage 512GB NVMe SSD SkHynix BC511 HFM512GDHTNI-87A0B
Network Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 ,Bluetooth 5
Keyboard and trackpad PS2(I think)
Audio sof-hda-dsp(that’s what Linux live cd reports)
2 USB 3.0 ports

Same error by the way.

Attachments

• efi(proper).zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 56
There is the efi that EXACTLY matches the dortania guide.
The lilu kext is first now
SSDT-XOSI is in the ACPI folder and is not missing.
OpenUSb… is said to be left there in the guide
also what am I supposed to do about the device section that’s not my fault. It’s supposed to be auto-generated. I can’t create it myself. If you know how please edit it and send it back.

This is my hardware configuration as far as I know
CPU Intel Core i5-1035G1 4 cores 8 threads Ice Lake U
Ram 8GB DDR4
Motherboard LNVNB161216(Lenovo),Intel 495(probably chipset but I don’t know)
Gpu Integrated Intel UHD graphics, Nvidia GeForce Mx350 2GB discrete
Storage 512GB NVMe SSD SkHynix BC511 HFM512GDHTNI-87A0B
Network Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 ,Bluetooth 5
Keyboard and trackpad PS2(I think)
Audio sof-hda-dsp(that’s what Linux live cd reports)
2 USB 3.0 ports

Same error by the way.
make sure to update your SSD with the latest firmware:

didn't think SSDT-PMC.aml was for icelake systems?

you can edit/add in your own platform-id for your device properties, you can use propertree if you are on a windows system, or plisteditpro on mac

OpenPartitionDxe and OpenUsbKbDxe.efi is still probably not needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back