Graphics
Radeon 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What do the 5 strings shown at the bottom of iMessageDebug/GenSMBIOS-List Current SMBIOS represent, and how can you change them?

They look like this (these are not mine):

Gq3489ugfi: 7ea157475fa74cb64c1f7d27561fe7c14c
Fyp98tpgj: 3f3ec0dce5e5fbc00db1d7ba8c29388073
kbjfrfpoJU: 6d2f4094aa53ad426d3921df6958fb7f76
oycqAZloTNDm: 1a2e290cf5ba465fdf10ff989437f00f58
abKPld1EcMni: 7ea157475fa74cb64c1f7d27561fe7c14c

I have a cloned disk that I somehow have messed up, and the value for the "kbjfrfpoJU" field is different between the original and the clone.
Is there a way to change the value on one so that they match?

@mdog474,

Those five keys are dynamically generated by MacOS, it is not possible to manually set or inject them.
They are used as cryptographic seeds for the iMessage/iCloud security token layer.

The values are generated based on all the SMBIOS data such as Model Type, SM-UUID, S/N, MLB, ROM... etc as well as the UUID of the MacOS System Volume which is what i suspect has changed in your case.

It generally does not matter if one or more of these keys changes ... as long as the Critical System ID's (SM-UUID, S/N, ROM, MLB ... etc) remain the same then iMessage and iCloud should still work.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@jaymonkey If I need to re-login to iCloud whenever I switch between booting off the original and the backup is that typical? Or is that an example of the kind of issue that will get my account locked? Is there a definitive way to check that this is safe?

All the fields above the 5 lines of crytographic hash match. It is just the middle, "kbjfrfpoJU" line that is different.
I tried a really old backup and it was the same thing...All the properties above the hash match, and all lines of the hash match except the 3rd line, "kbjfrfpoJU" is a different value, so that would make sense that it is related to the disk volume ID.

So is it save to conclude that as long as all properties above the 5-line hash match, then the backup should be fine to run off of?

is it save to conclude that as long as all properties above the 5-line hash match, then the backup should be fine to run off of?

@mdog474,

Yes ..... as I far as I know (and I have done a lot of testing) as long as all the Critical System ID's ( SM / Hardware UUID, S/N, MLB, ROM ..etc) then iMessage and all other on-line services should continue to work.

I've seen one of the five hash key values change several times (usually "kbjfrfpoJU") and everything has been fine.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the info @jaymonkey, I really appreciate it!

This information is very useful for me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back