Contribute
Register

Slow SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tot,

What are you getting on black magic with just one SSD?

I'm going to use my 60gb Agility 3 as a Windows drive and invest in a new SSD for Mac. What should I go for? The Sandisk recommended in the CustoMac pages or the Intel 330?

I'm not using Black Magic to test because this application is using incompressible data as all Sandforce controllers only best for compressible data.

Ah, okay. But would you say the intel 330 is the one to go for, or the sandisk? I don't want the same problem to happen again.

Ah, okay. But would you say the intel 330 is the one to go for, or the sandisk? I don't want the same problem to happen again.

I went for Intel 330 as it uses the same controller as Intel 520 which has a reliable Sandforce controller compared to other manufacturers that are using the same controller like OCZ Agility. Samsung 830 is also known for it's performance but the price is way more than Intel 330. For me Intel 330 is more balance in terms of price and performance. As for Sandisk I can't comment on it has I don't have any experience on their SSDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back