Graphics
ASUS STRIX GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I did a fresh install of El Capitan on my SSD but the boot times are just too long. It takes 1 minute for my hackintosh to fully boot up. I am currently using the iMac13,2 SMBIOS and am using my own SSDT.aml file as the nullcpupowermanagement.kext did not work well for me.

Only issue is that the boot time is really long. I started up in verbose mode and managed to get these shots. Could someone explain as to why this is happening and assist with the problem?

As I boot it up, it would speed through then freeze here for 15 seconds or so.

zxIQour.jpg

Then it would proceed and freeze here for another 15 seconds.

VaCh3dl.jpg

After that, it goes straight through to the desktop showing these for a millisecond, right before.

yv3tadh.jpg

No need to host your images on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

Most of that is spam from your wireless network adaptor.
Try booting without it and see if it improves the speed.

At least it should be a lot clearer now to see where it is sticking.
SKAshxC.jpg

It hangs at "X86PlatformShim::sendStepper - Done!" for 10 seconds followed by the IOBluetoothFamily, where it hangs around there for another 10 seconds before proceeding straight to the desktop.

Looks like you may have a Serial port enabled - Check BIOS settings and disable if found.
How is it connected to your monitor ?
I suspect the cause of the slow boot may be the SSDT that you created, what happens if you boot without it ?

Looks like you may have a Serial port enabled - Check BIOS settings and disable if found.
I suspect the cause of the slow boot may be the SSDT that you created, what happens if you boot without it ?
Disabled serial port already and removed SSDT, still a slow boot :/

Disabled serial port already and removed SSDT, still a slow boot :/

Any other drives or peripherals connected ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back