Contribute
Register

Slow booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I did not select the XMP profile1 again. I thought that the BIOS settings would remain sound.
When I installed the bootloader & extras on the EFi partition I forgot to erase the extras file from the HD. Did that and the slow boot issue was solved.
I'll check the BIOS settings, but first I'd like to create a bootable clone as Neil suggested. The system is running like a charm now, only problem is the long boot time.

I selected xmp profile1 and Vt-d off again. Ram is recognised as 1600 Mhz, booting time dropped to 35 sec with the Samsung 840 evo (250GB). BUT: I made a bootable backup on a 2TB Seagate Barracuda and checked it too. Booting time 36 sec!
I then made some speed testing with the ssd. On the first test write speed is 438 MB/s, read speed 511 MB/s. After that, from the second test onwards, write speed drops to about 272 Mb/s, write speed remains almost constant (around 508 MB/s).
I'm no expert, but could this be a sign for a faulty sdd or maybe it's the TRIM enabler? Your comments are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back