Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580 + HD4600
First of all I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone in this community: My system is up and running! At the beginning I got the "boot:done+gibberish" problem, which was solved by installing the bootloader & extras on the EFi partition.
Only problem is that the booting takes 66 seconds until the password screen appears. Is that normal?
And more thing: The CPU shows as a 4.3 GHz i7. But actually it's a 4790K 4.0 GHz!
I would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 5.18.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 5.18.36 PM.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-21 at 8.54.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-21 at 8.54.37 PM.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 92
Slow booting issue solved. Any ideas about the 4.3 Ghz?
Also, when opening the istat widget, CPU temperature readings are about 40ºC, then almost immediately they fall to 20ºC. I wonder if istat is trustworthy...

I don't use istat now that the HWMonitor app is available. You will find it in the Applications folder as your Multibeast clip shows that you installed it. You can config the monitor to start at startup and have info updated to the top menu bar continuously. Also the extended graphs are very interesting.

And the 4.3GHz value displayed is common for the i7-4970K CPU. You can check the value in Geekbench, Cinebench and Unigine Heaven for other application reporting of your CPU speed.

Good modding,
neil

Thank you Neil. HWmonitor works great. I'll check the Ghz value in Geekbench etc when i get everything running. Now I'm facing the long boot issue again: I had no sound and no mp4 playback in quicktime. I did a fresh yosemite install and now everything's fine. But the boot is slow again! Need about 1 minute booting time. Any ideas?

Thank you Neil. HWmonitor works great. I'll check the Ghz value in Geekbench etc when i get everything running. Now I'm facing the long boot issue again: I had no sound and no mp4 playback in quicktime. I did a fresh yosemite install and now everything's fine. But the boot is slow again! Need about 1 minute booting time. Any ideas?

Have you tried to run without the GPU installed to see what the boot time is?

The other thing to do is to review each kext in your Multibeast list. One may be causing the slowness.

Good modding,
neil

Edit: And for a desktop system a long boot time has no real impact. In my case I boot this workstation only when trying out other configurations... sometimes it goes for weeks without being rebooted. I just switch the monitor off when I am away.

Funny thing is that before the fresh install the system was booting fast (with the gpu). What should I look for in the kext list? It's my first hackintosh, so any help would be great!

Funny thing is that before the fresh install the system was booting fast (with the gpu). What should I look for in the kext list? It's my first hackintosh, so any help would be great!

Well I doubt that you need the 3rd party SATA kext and probably not the the Apple RTC patch.

And you need to make yourself a recovery path so if you screw up the install you can recover without a re-install. I always have another partition and clone my working system (and make the clone bootable) before trying out fixes.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks Neil, I'll give it a try.

I think I found something: RAM is recognised as 1333 Mhz. It was and should be 1600 Mhz (check out my first post)! I guess this could be the reason for slow booting?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 00.07.12.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 00.07.12.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 90
Regarding your memory issue when you reloaded the optimized values did you select xmp profile #1 again in the BIOS?

Also, previously you mentioned that you solved the slow booting issue before the re-install but didn't mention how you solved it initially. Can you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back