Motherboard
Gigabyte P67X-UD3
CPU
i5-2320
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I a Gigabyte ga-p67x-ud3-b3 mobo and OCZ vertex 3 SSD and my boot times are 1min & 20 seconds. How can i make this faster ? I would of thought with a SSD they would be blazing. As windows boots in 6 seconds. I set UseKernelCache=no this helps boot times but not sure the draw back in doing this. I will set it back to yes for now. Please help thank you.

I a Gigabyte ga-p67x-ud3-b3 mobo and OCZ vertex 3 SSD and my boot times are 1min & 20 seconds. How can i make this faster ? I would of thought with a SSD they would be blazing. As windows boots in 6 seconds. I set UseKernelCache=no this helps boot times but not sure the draw back in doing this. I will set it back to yes for now. Please help thank you.

I had slow boot and even no boot until I found the right system definition MacPro3,1 for my Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH I read that this effects power distribution, so messed around with it. Getting it wrong did brake my system a few times. Anyway, you might start there. Worth noting my WIN7 side scores 600 point higher on geekbench, and my OSX side has a RAID5 boot drive, baffling, Seems Apple hardware is optimized very well for their OS.

Also you should boot Verbose in Chameleon to OSX to see where you are getting hung up.

Ok good idea about booting with -v.

It is hanging up on applepowermangment. Any ideas also the gigabyte board takes for ever to pass the mobo checks before the os starts to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back