Contribute
Register

Sleep only shuts down screen - Probook 430 G2 Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I press something the very moment after I hit sleep the screen turns on and it's like I didn't do nothing, if I wait several seconds however it's like in the video, the power button wifi/sound lights are on and the fans also but I cannot do anything, I'll change it to 64 (in the guide there is skylake/kaby lake I thought that's only for those kind of processors)

Broadwell and skylake sorry
upload_2018-3-8_17-21-20.png

Broadwell and skylake sorry
View attachment 317938

Some of the ProBook Haswell uses ig-platform-id 0x0d260006, which requires DVMT-prealloc 64mb.
Some use 0x0a260006, which requires DVMT-prealloc 32mb.
You should check which one you're using and adjust BIOS setting accordingly.
And... regardless, you should check all BIOS settings.

Of course I checked the bios I intentionally left the video memory cause it says processors which are not mine and it worked well with those settings on yosemite, btw how to check ig-platform-id

Of course I checked the bios I intentionally left the video memory

Left it at what?

cause it says processors which are not mine and it worked well with those settings on yosemite, btw how to check ig-platform-id

You will find ig-platform-id in your ioreg.

It is set in SSDT-IGPU.aml, and can be overridden in your model specific SSDT (RMCF.IGPI).
Keep in mind adjustment of RMCF.IGPU (to change the ig-platform-id) must be accompanied by the appropriate LMAX override.
The default is 0x0a260006 (in SSDT-IGPU.aml).

If you look at SSDT-4x0-G1-Haswell.dsl, you will see we override IGPI to 0x0d260007:
Code:
    #define OVERRIDE_IGPI 0x0d260007
    #define OVERRIDE_LMAX 0x07a1

(requires DVMT-prealloc 64mb)

Perhaps you should try the same for your G2 Haswell... (you can add the code to SSDT-4x0-G2-Haswell.dsl), then build.sh, install_acpi.sh, or you can set IGPI and LMAX appropriately directly in your SSDT-4x0-G2-Haswell.aml. Either way same result (overridden values for ig-platform-id and IGPU brightness PWMMax).

Also, if you look carefully at the github project, you find that SSDT-8x0-G1-Haswell.dsl uses 0x04260000:
Code:
    #define OVERRIDE_IGPI 0x04260000
    #define OVERRIDE_LMAX 0x1499

After setting the VRAM to 64 mb it worked, however if the laptop works for more than 2-3 hours the problem reappears, this time the power button blinks several times and then it shuts down the computer. I've tried several modifications in the config plist (including IGPU suggested in the previous post) nothing worked. I've downgraded to Yosemite where I thought everything was working but apparently I've never tried to put to pc to sleep after more than 2-3 hours work because it's the same behavior. Is it possible that something in the github files is set wrong for this computer, because apparently it's not something caused by the OS version or a software.

After setting the VRAM to 64 mb it worked, however if the laptop works for more than 2-3 hours the problem reappears, this time the power button blinks several times and then it shuts down the computer. I've tried several modifications in the config plist (including IGPU suggested in the previous post) nothing worked. I've downgraded to Yosemite where I thought everything was working but apparently I've never tried to put to pc to sleep after more than 2-3 hours work because it's the same behavior. Is it possible that something in the github files is set wrong for this computer, because apparently it's not something caused by the OS version or a software.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back