Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 430 G2
CPU
core i5 haswell
Graphics
intel 4400
Hello,

I recently installed Sierra 10.12.6 using the hotpatch HP probook guide. My issue is that the sleep is not working at all. Doesn't matter if I close the lid or hit apple->sleep the screen goes off but nothing else, I cannot "wake"the laptop from this state, and I have to press and hold power button to restart, after the restart from this my sound dissapears and I should repeat ./install_downloads.sh /build.sh to restore it. I tried following the power management section in the probook guide (which is explicitly said not to for my cpu) in order to see if that will work but it didn't. I was on yosemite before that and sleep worked fine, but now on sierra, it's not working. I'm attaching problem reporting info as per FAQ.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • Max’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 73
  • RehabMan.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
  • terminal output.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 194
Hello,

I recently installed Sierra 10.12.6 using the hotpatch HP probook guide. My issue is that the sleep is not working at all. Doesn't matter if I close the lid or hit apple->sleep the screen goes off but nothing else, I cannot "wake"the laptop from this state, and I have to press and hold power button to restart, after the restart from this my sound dissapears and I should repeat ./install_downloads.sh /build.sh to restore it. I tried following the power management section in the probook guide (which is explicitly said not to for my cpu) in order to see if that will work but it didn't. I was on yosemite before that and sleep worked fine, but now on sierra, it's not working. I'm attaching problem reporting info as per FAQ.

Your ACPI/patched content is wrong. SSDT.aml should not exist there. Use install_acpi.sh as per guide.

As I said, I followed the guide without that part and it didn't work. I just used the install_acpi.sh anew, after restart the issue persists. I'm attaching clover folder after the procedure

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
As I said, I followed the guide without that part and it didn't work. I just used the install_acpi.sh anew, after restart the issue persists. I'm attaching clover folder after the procedure

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Excuse me for the dump question but where does the output file of the install_tools.sh go? I cannot find it

Excuse me for the dump question but where does the output file of the install_tools.sh go? I cannot find it

What does install_tools.sh have to do with gen_debug.sh?
install_tools.sh (from the ProBook guide/github, other guides of mine) installs iasl and patchmatic to /usr/bin and MaciASL.app to /Applications

here it is

Attachments

• debug_25281.zip
    3 MB · Views: 47
here it is

The guide does not call for patching the bluetooth kexts.
Your kextcache proves you installed patched kexts:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext IOBluetoothFamily.kext

Do a fresh install, and follow the guide (nothing more, nothing less).
Don't forget to set correct BIOS settings, and flash latest BIOS (as per guide).

I have the unpached kext backed up, will it work if I restore it

P.S I needed this one as my bluetooth IDS were not present in the one provided

P.S I needed this one as my bluetooth IDS were not present in the one provided

Your device (13d3_3295) is already in BrcmNonPatchRAM*.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back