Contribute
Register

Sleep on 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is solving the sleep issues but is breaking my webcam again :(

So I guess I need to make a decision here ;-)

If you have AR3011, you might try the old IOath3kfrmwr.kext. At least we have source for it...

Please note: I'm not a fan of using closed-source kexts in the ProBook Installer. I think it is a huge mistake.

If you have AR3011, you might try the old IOath3kfrmwr.kext. At least we have source for it...

Please note: I'm not a fan of using closed-source kexts in the ProBook Installer. I think it is a huge mistake.

Thx for the hint: that seems to be a working solution for me: IOath3kfrmwr.kext installed, rebooted and both webcam and sleep working :)

Hi,

is it possible to use IOath3kfrmwr.kext with a Broadcom 4352 ?

Or is there an other solution? I have the same sleep/wake up problem with BTFirmwareUploader

thanks

Hi,

is it possible to use IOath3kfrmwr.kext with a Broadcom 4352 ?

Or is there an other solution? I have the same sleep/wake up problem with BTFirmwareUploader

thanks

No. It is only for AR3011.

Hi guys, have you figured out a solution for this issue? Experiencing same problem here, not always but sometimes it restarts after waking up (in mavericks it used to freeze).

Attached the IOREG, using a Atheros 9285. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4530s_lj518ut_F50.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
Hi guys, have you figured out a solution for this issue? Experiencing same problem here, not always but sometimes it restarts after waking up (in mavericks it used to freeze).

Attached the IOREG, using a Atheros 9285. Thanks!

Read this thread.

Read this thread.

I read it and removed the BTFirmwareUploader, haven't had any problems so far although loosing bluetooth capabilities is not quite a solution :) Anyway can live with that... thanks!

Hi!
My 4530s had some problem. I looked this thread and removed the BTFirmwareUploader, but then I got another problem - the cursor of my usb mouse start freezing. It freezes for about one second every about five working secs. With touchpad all ok.
Then I reinstalled HP Probook Installer and everything with mouse became ok. But this reinstalled BTFirmwareUploader (and wake-up reboots) too. I don`t want wake-up reboots but I don`t want mouse freezing.
What should I do? Please help me resolve this problem.

I think not having BTFirmwareUploader.kext loaded is causing all the USB issues - spinning beach ball during the install, disconnecting USB sticks and jumpy USB mouse. I don't have any proof, though, for now I have everything working apart from the occasional restart-on-wake. It's weird that in Mavericks I used IOath3kfrmwr.kext and didn't have these problems.

Little off-topic: is there a reason to have BTFirmwareUploader.kext and AppleHDAIDT.kext in /S/L/E rather than in EFI/Clover/kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back