Contribute
Register

Sleep Function Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to describe your sleep issue in detail.
Your text above is confusing: "the no sleep upon closing the lid or enabling sleep manually works".

Sorry. When I close the lid on the laptop, it does not go to sleep. I have left it closed for 1 minute but when I open the lid back up again the screen is already on.

When I go to the apple logo on the top left drop down menu, I select sleep. The screen goes off for roughly 1 to 1 and a half minutes... then the back light comes on, displaying a black screen.

Laptop power LED stays solid, doesn't flash at all to show that sleep has been enabled.

Thanks, I've now managed to patch DSDT correctly but still the no sleep upon closing the lid or enabling sleep manually works.

I've looked at my DSDT and I did need USB_PRW 0x6D to be patch to the file. IOREG included in debug zip.
AppleLPC is loading according to IOREG.
Sorry. When I close the lid on the laptop, it does not go to sleep. I have left it closed for 1 minute but when I open the lid back up again the screen is already on.

When I go to the apple logo on the top left drop down menu, I select sleep. The screen goes off for roughly 1 to 1 and a half minutes... then the back light comes on, displaying a black screen.

Laptop power LED stays solid, doesn't flash at all to show that sleep has been enabled.

You forgot to disable hibernation.
Didn't check anything else.
Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Attachments

• debug_21942.zip
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • iOREG01.ioreg
    11.1 MB · Views: 34
I honestly thought it was already disabled using clover configurator - boot - NeverHibernate option as true.

NeverHibernate is for Clover startup... has nothing to do with actions taken upon sleep in macOS.

I've disabled hibernation, standby & autopoweroff as per guide you've mentioned. Sleep is still not working unfortunately.

PR attached.

What happens when you choose Apple->Sleep and wait ~20 seconds?

Note: ACPI not patched correctly (no _OSI "Darwin" fix for example).
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

NeverHibernate is for Clover startup... has nothing to do with actions taken upon sleep in macOS.

What happens when you choose Apple->Sleep and wait ~20 seconds?

When I choose Apple - Sleep, the screen immediately turns off. It takes about 90 seconds for the laptop to enter sleep mode. Then when I go to power it up again, the laptop powers up but the screen backlight comes on and just displays a black screen. As I'm typing this it's been about 2 minutes since I've powered it up and still the black screen. It will eventually just reboot itself.

EDIT: Laptop has just rebooted itself after 140 seconds.

When I choose Apple - Sleep, the screen immediately turns off. It takes about 90 seconds for the laptop to enter sleep mode. Then when I go to power it up again, the laptop powers up but the screen backlight comes on and just displays a black screen. As I'm typing this it's been about 2 minutes since I've powered it up and still the black screen. It will eventually just reboot itself.

EDIT: Laptop has just rebooted itself after 140 seconds.

Your USB configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back