Contribute
Register

Sleep by lid close & Wake by lid openening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

I've discovered some more things...
After I've disabled the Runtime Power Management option in Bios, the sleep by lid close function works. But only every 2nd try.
The first try end with a permanant click sound, only stopable by pressing enter. The laptop is not in sleep mode, it only dims the display.
I close the lid again, the laptop goes clean into sleep and wakes by opening the lid again (function enabled in bios)

Regarding the Debug DSDT and the Kext. I don't get it!!!!
I have a fully disassembled DSDT and can add the Debug patch. But I do not understand the debug location and how I must enter it.

I know I am a pain in the ass, but I want to finish this, but I need your help :/

Are you able to support me here please? Can you please fix my DSDT completely? I am willing to pay your time!

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

Hi RehabMan,

I've discovered some more things...
After I've disabled the Runtime Power Management option in Bios, the sleep by lid close function works. But only every 2nd try.
The first try end with a permanant click sound, only stopable by pressing enter. The laptop is not in sleep mode, it only dims the display.
I close the lid again, the laptop goes clean into sleep and wakes by opening the lid again (function enabled in bios)

Regarding the Debug DSDT and the Kext. I don't get it!!!!
I have a fully disassembled DSDT and can add the Debug patch. But I do not understand the debug location and how I must enter it.

I know I am a pain in the ass, but I want to finish this, but I need your help :/

Are you able to support me here please? Can you please fix my DSDT completely? I am willing to pay your time!

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

I'm not familiar with the options in your BIOS.
You seem to have unique problems others have not had.
You will need to work through the problems.

Or others do not care about?
I will start installing from the scratch this evening. I will see :(
I will report. Why are laptops that picky? Desktop PC are much much easier.
Never did a laptop before. Desktop with Gigabyte mainboard is a no brainer :)

Thanks for your hard work for this community!!!

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

@URBANsUNITED

Hey there, if you're still tinkering with this issue, - I'm curious to see if you've been able to make any progress in resolving the problems you've described? I have landed on more or less identical irregularities with a very similar set of hardware. Until I read your post, I assumed the black screen that appeared after I closed the lid was evidence of a system crash so I proceeded to do a hard reset each time. At least now I know I can simply turn the brightness back up, but it would be nice to have reliable sleep functionality vis a vis the lid (manually triggered sleep works fine). I'm on 10.12.3, with Bios ver. 1.14, and loth to mess with the components of RehabMan's guides and scripts which have heretofore resulted in a very close to fully functional hackintosh (thanks RehabMan!), albeit after much confusion and consternation, copious reading, and many days of trial and error!

I am using 2 displays: one is internal to laptop and one external via HDMI
If I close lid, sleep works perfectly;
if I open lid everything works but internal display.
If I put to sleep via menu, then the wake works, perfect on both displays.

What I noted is when I first turn on the system (both displays work) IGPU@2 shows in IORegistryExplorer withouth a parameter "IOHibernateState" and after I wake (and only one display works), this parameter is present to IGPU@2.

Oh before 10.12.4 both displays used to work perfectly.

I am using 2 displays: one is internal to laptop and one external via HDMI
If I close lid, sleep works perfectly;
if I open lid everything works but internal display.
If I put to sleep via menu, then the wake works, perfect on both displays.

What I noted is when I first turn on the system (both displays work) IGPU@2 shows in IORegistryExplorer withouth a parameter "IOHibernateState" and after I wake (and only one display works), this parameter is present to IGPU@2.

Oh before 10.12.4 both displays used to work perfectly.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have the same issue on Lenovo X230, although maybe I miss some OS X setting.

DSDTs patched, audio, battery etc. works. Sleep works when I use it from Mac menu and also if I press the power button.

But when I close the lid, the display dims but the laptop does not sleep, even after waiting for a minute.

However, when I open the lid, for a short moment I see the brightness adjustment popup flashing and fading away - obviously, macOS has detected lid open event, and I assume it should have detected also the lid close event.

Attached CLOVER folder and ioreg file and kextinfo, kextcache and pmset assertion logs.

Attachments

• no_sleep_on_lid_close.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
I have the same issue on Lenovo X230, although maybe I miss some OS X setting.

DSDTs patched, audio, battery etc. works. Sleep works when I use it from Mac menu and also if I press the power button.

But when I close the lid, the display dims but the laptop does not sleep, even after waiting for a minute.

However, when I open the lid, for a short moment I see the brightness adjustment popup flashing and fading away - obviously, macOS has detected lid open event, and I assume it should have detected also the lid close event.

Attached CLOVER folder and ioreg file and kextinfo, kextcache and pmset assertion logs.

ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (they are dated Aug 30, today is Sept 2).
And "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Updated the archive:
- used Clover F4, and now the original ACPI files are newer than the patched ones :D hopefully, they did not change, I did not modify hardware nor BIOS settings during the days I was working on the patches
- kextstat|grep output is in kextstat_info.txt
- kextcache -u / output is in kextcache_info.txt
- ioreg data is in MacPad.ioreg
- pmset assertions are in pmset_assertions.txt
- [this one was missing the first time] patchmatic -extract data is in RehabMan folder

Attachments

• no_sleep_on_lid_close.zip
    2 MB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back