Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I have a LG 27uk650-w monitor which is connected directly by DisplayPort 1.2 to my Dell Optiplex 7060 MFF Display Port 1.2. Everything works fine for display, including 4K (on Catalina 10.15.1 with UHD630 IGPU).

But one issue remains. When the Mac goes to sleep, everything seems ok at first (the screen turns off because there is no more input). However, when I wake it up, the screen turns on a first time, remains on for like 5 seconds, then turns off, and finally comes back on like 5 seconds later!

I have looked at the logs and determined that the LG monitor is sending inappropriate information to the Hackintosh. In fact, the monitor is sending a message through the DP that it was shut down. At wakeup, the monitor sends a message that a new monitor was connected, and the hackintosh interprets this as a hotplug monitor change (and reads EDID again and all that, which wastes like 5 seconds before displaying the screen again).

My question thus: is it possible to patch the hackintosh somehow to disable displayport hotplug detection? I don't need hotplug detection, I have a desktop with the same monitor and it will not change for now.

Hi all,

I have a LG 27uk650-w monitor which is connected directly by DisplayPort 1.2 to my Dell Optiplex 7060 MFF Display Port 1.2. Everything works fine for display, including 4K (on Catalina 10.15.1 with UHD630 IGPU).

But one issue remains. When the Mac goes to sleep, everything seems ok at first (the screen turns off because there is no more input). However, when I wake it up, the screen turns on a first time, remains on for like 5 seconds, then turns off, and finally comes back on like 5 seconds later!

I have looked at the logs and determined that the LG monitor is sending inappropriate information to the Hackintosh. In fact, the monitor is sending a message through the DP that it was shut down. At wakeup, the monitor sends a message that a new monitor was connected, and the hackintosh interprets this as a hotplug monitor change (and reads EDID again and all that, which wastes like 5 seconds before displaying the screen again).

My question thus: is it possible to patch the hackintosh somehow to disable displayport hotplug detection? I don't need hotplug detection, I have a desktop with the same monitor and it will not change for now.

Hi @Swisstosh!

Have you solved your problem?
I have a similar situation:

I can wake the computer under Catalina only if my monitor is connected and switched ON!!!
Testing with different monitors shows, that some of them can be in standby mode before waking, while another should be definitely ON with backlight active and waiting for the signal.
If any of the monitors are in power-off state (what is similar to disconnecting it at all) - my system hangs.
At first, after wake monitor's LED shows some signal, but the screen stays black. After a while monitor goes again to standby.
Only hard reset helps in this case.

I'm using the iMac16.1 system definition.
Also tried MacBookAir7.2. The same behavior.

Thank you!

hi @AGluk,

No, I haven't been able to solve this issue. It seems to be hardware related to the monitor, and I'm not a developer, so I can't code anything to remove this problem. I just live with it; makes wake up a bit longer, but nothing dramatic.

Did you check your system logs to see what is hapenning in your case(s)?

Dear @Swisstosh,

I just live with it; makes wake up a bit longer, but nothing dramatic.
Unfortunately in my case the system totally hangs, only hard reset helps.

Did you check your system logs to see what is hapenning in your case(s)?
After reboot, I see kernel panic report dialog. There are several kexts are mentioned in it.
Sometimes it is IOGraphicsFamily, in other cases - Apple APFS kext.

Hi all,

I have same issue but some time my monitor is black and do not come back.
I resolve it with change DP version 1.4 (or 1.2) to 1.1 in monitor, everything so smooth.
But I want to use DP 1.2, i also google it but changing DP is only solution.

@Swisstosh Hey is there any way you could post your EFI or Plist file. I have a7060 and I'd like to try CATALINA on it.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back