Contribute
Register

SL 10.6.8 on Dell XPS 17 (L702x) with Win 7 and Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
sleipnir said:
Tried 1.4.1 and failed so back on 1.7. It booted fine but gave no sound and graphics was back to 1024x768...
There seems to ba an issue in Chimera having to do with the HD3000 - I used the Chameleon Wizard.app and installed the latest Chameleon v2.1svn r1803 over the Chimera 1.7; it boots flawlessly and I have all functionality back ... you might try it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=257464

Steve

Just choose the last option as you already have boot0 and stuff ... I would think that should be good.

StarbucksSteve said:
sleipnir said:
Tried 1.4.1 and failed so back on 1.7. It booted fine but gave no sound and graphics was back to 1024x768...
There seems to ba an issue in Chimera having to do with the HD3000 - I used the Chameleon Wizard.app and installed the latest Chameleon v2.1svn r1803 over the Chimera 1.7; it boots flawlessly and I have all functionality back ... you might try it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=257464

Steve

Just choose the last option as you already have boot0 and stuff ... I would think that should be good.

Hi, Steve.
Well, I finally got it working, but not in the manner described in the link. Chameleon v2.1 made no difference and I still had the AppelHDA error.
I got Lion from AppStore, but did not manage to install it for some reason, maybe MBR issue. Anyway I managed to destroy my partitoin containing SL, and my backup partition would not boot. So I lost patience and found a "alternative" Lion install. Installed it and used the Extra files fron your LionEX folder, and installed the Audio kexts. Worked perfectly.
I read somewhere that people are getting problem with audio after installing the PS2 controller from MultiBeast, but I can not confirm this, as I could not bear going trough the whole install procedure again...
Many thanks for your inputs and advises, without you I would still be very lost.
Will have a look at getting accelerated graphics working :)

Jakup

I (finally grew the balls) just ordered a copy of Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and will be attempting this on my Dell XPS 17 laptop.

Should I make a new thread when I start, or just post questions in here? :cool:

Thanks! :cool:

JohnC76 said:
I (finally grew the balls) just ordered a copy of Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and will be attempting this on my Dell XPS 17 laptop.

Should I make a new thread when I start, or just post questions in here? :cool:

Thanks! :cool:
You can post here - is this a 3D screen? If not, you will have to adjust the instructions some - please skim thru the thread to familiarize yourself with those matching your video ... Good Luck!

Steve

Hello Steve,
i have a little situation with the webcam it's recognized (system information)but not working, no light turn on.
i have dell xps l501x core i7-740qm, nvidia gt435m 2gb, chameleon v2.1svn 1806.
Any idea about it?

Attachments

• webcam.tiff
    145.5 KB · Views: 276
does sleep work for anyone? I have a XPS 17, i7-2670qm, 3D 1080P screen.

Thanks to all the information in this thread and special thanks to starbuckssteve, i got most of things working on Lion 10.7.2.

I did create my own DSDT since i was having some trouble with HDMI out with steve's DSDT.
I am also unable to utilize the device-properties with my DSDT.

nvidia driver gives me native resolution. I don't think power management for nvidia works though.
Because the fan does run constantly

Any help and pointers to address these minor issues will be appreciated.

I'm looking to do this soon. Would my Core i7 2620M 2.70Ghz (2 core I think) processor be supported?

CJC2P said:
I'm looking to do this soon. Would my Core i7 2620M 2.70Ghz (2 core I think) processor be supported?
Your processor was used in the mid-2011 MBP 13" so yes, it is supported.

I have included the A16 DSDT for those of you adventurous to attempt that kind of thing. I have been running with it now for 24 hours; it has significant changes in the video area and it appears (negatives are VERY hard to prove so take this with a grain of salt) that my nVidia is more stable. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE DELL BIOS UPDATE to help avoid issues. This DSDT has only the HDEF (audio) fix and the RTC fix (IRQ4) which I am NOT sure is actually necessary; I have included the compile messages as the number of warnings has increased considerably so this will give you something to compare to, if you compile your own, which I heartily recommend.

A16 BIOS L702x.zip

Steve

Attachments

• A16 BIOS L702x.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 183
StarbucksSteve said:
CJC2P said:
Your processor was used in the mid-2011 MBP 13" so yes, it is supported.

I have included the A16 DSDT for those of you adventurous to attempt that kind of thing. I have been running with it now for 24 hours; it has significant changes in the video area and it appears (negatives are VERY hard to prove so take this with a grain of salt) that my nVidia is more stable. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE DELL BIOS UPDATE to help avoid issues. This DSDT has only the HDEF (audio) fix and the RTC fix (IRQ4) which I am NOT sure is actually necessary; I have included the compile messages as the number of warnings has increased considerably so this will give you something to compare to, if you compile your own, which I heartily recommend.

A16 BIOS L702x.zip

Steve

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know there was a BIOS update! Going to load it..... :cool:

ravic said:
does sleep work for anyone? I have a XPS 17, i7-2670qm, 3D 1080P screen.

Thanks to all the information in this thread and special thanks to starbuckssteve, i got most of things working on Lion 10.7.2.

I did create my own DSDT since i was having some trouble with HDMI out with steve's DSDT.
I am also unable to utilize the device-properties with my DSDT.

nvidia driver gives me native resolution. I don't think power management for nvidia works though.
Because the fan does run constantly

Any help and pointers to address these minor issues will be appreciated.

No deep sleep yet; display sleep works only, as far as I know. I leave my machine running 24x7 so I don't really mind but I have tried from time to time to fix it - no go.

I am running LION 10.7.3 but a few comments:
1) Have you tailored your SMBios? You need to do this; match your CPU to a MBP
2) Do you run NullCPUPowerManagement? You need to not run this; make the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement mods

Could you be a little more specific about the device-prop issue(s)? I have good video and cpu acceleration so I'm not clear what your saying ...

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back