Contribute
Register

Skylake Z170X UD5 - HD530 Graphics 4mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restoring from time machine backup then will copy the efi over and should be good i hope but the system before was 10.11 so hope it works. also the have downloaded the IntelMausiethernet.kext to see if that works...
Just want to say a huge thanks to @Feartech and @tecnicasopr for helping me along the way!! This forum rocks!!!
So, i restored from a backup with all files but the system with graphics issue, then swapped out the efi folder as i copied the whole file from the working system, now when i try and boot there is no drive to boot from, should have i just replaced the conig.plist and not the whole efi folder? am about to go through the whole restore process again, is there a way of seeing the drive in the clover boot?

So, i restored from a backup with all files but the system with graphics issue, then swapped out the efi folder as i copied the whole file from the working system, now when i try and boot there is no drive to boot from, should have i just replaced the conig.plist and not the whole efi folder? am about to go through the whole restore process again, is there a way of seeing the drive in the clover boot?
***Recovery Drive is El Capitan**** How do i get all my files and installs recovered onto High Sierra?

go back to your working efi folder

what i need to do is migrate the set up from the old el capitan to the new high sierra (working EFI) via time machine, obviously when i just i just restore it goes back to el capitan, is there a way to get my old set up transferred to my new one?

what i need to do is migrate the set up from the old el capitan to the new high sierra (working EFI) via time machine, obviously when i just i just restore it goes back to el capitan, is there a way to get my old set up transferred to my new one?
I'm reinstalling from boot loader then going back to working EFI, Just not sure how to get all my files, prefs and installs across to the working high sierra? Would migration assistant work?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="skins9009, post: 2180435, member: 1763863"I'm reinstalling from boot loader then going back to working EFI, Just not sure how to get all my files, prefs and installs across to the working high sierra? Would migration assistant work?
[/QUOTE]
Scrap those last posts, transferring to the new set up 1st from a fresh install then change efi folder, fingers crossed i'll be up and running in a few hours

So I migrated my drive to high Sierra via the usb bootloader then swapped out the efi file with the previously working one With graphics full acceleration and something has gone wrong, I took out the usb bootloader and restarted and it took me to a different version of clover (5123 I think) where the previous version was 5107) I tried to reboot using the new OS X with all my old data and the “working”efi and it boots to the end of the line then goes blank again.
I tried a fresh install again and then used the working efi I saved on the usb separately and it doesn’t boot with the new efi, I get the same problem I had yesterday with 4mb on the hd530. I don’t know what’s happened as I made the same steps as before but won’t work?? I’m trying to delete clover v.5123 but when I look at clover configuration it’s saying it’s version 5107 yet in clover at the boot page is says the later version. I’ve been looking at trying to erase the ssd completely to start all over again but can’t seem to get rid of it. Like I say, I took all the same steps as previously did with the config that @tecnicasopr sent but not working.. can’t believe I am where I was 2 days ago and still can’t get it to work. What steps do I take next?

Ok, I think i've managed it and got the acceleration full tilt again and found the migration assistant which i never even knew existed until today, funny, been a mac user for 10 years...Duh!!!

@tecnicasopr @Feartech, Thanks so much for helping me out to get this far!!

Still having issues with this set up! I migrated all my info from my back up and that's all good, I almost have my computer back to normal.
However, on the auto boot from clover it boots to the end of the line then hangs, I've tried getting rid of the extra boot options (in the shell) that keep appearing apart from the ssd boot and making that boot priority in the bios, once I do that the timer from the boot loader goes and I manually select that to boot and it works fine, Also the shutdown doesn't completely shut it down and the reset doesn't work doesn't, once I turn back on the boot timer kicks in but if I leave it to boot it goes back to boot and hang, once I shut down and get back to the bios, there are more boot options again and I have to delete them there and in the shell again before I can boot up (using bcfg boot rm xx) again this cycle continues. i'm so close to getting this back to where it was before i messed it up trying an update (although now High sierra is working fine once i get it to boot - not tested my firewire etc and no thunderbolt support (would like to eventually get that working) BUT - just don't want to have to do this every time i come to work.
Any help to get me over the finish line would be so greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
  • config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 43
@tecnicasopr @Feartech, Thanks so much for helping me out to get this far!!

Still having issues with this set up! I migrated all my info from my back up and that's all good, I almost have my computer back to normal.
However, on the auto boot from clover it boots to the end of the line then hangs, I've tried getting rid of the extra boot options (in the shell) that keep appearing apart from the ssd boot and making that boot priority in the bios, once I do that the timer from the boot loader goes and I manually select that to boot and it works fine, Also the shutdown doesn't completely shut it down and the reset doesn't work doesn't, once I turn back on the boot timer kicks in but if I leave it to boot it goes back to boot and hang, once I shut down and get back to the bios, there are more boot options again and I have to delete them there and in the shell again before I can boot up (using bcfg boot rm xx) again this cycle continues. i'm so close to getting this back to where it was before i messed it up trying an update (although now High sierra is working fine once i get it to boot - not tested my firewire etc and no thunderbolt support (would like to eventually get that working) BUT - just don't want to have to do this every time i come to work.
Any help to get me over the finish line would be so greatly appreciated!!
Now it hangs on boot all the time no matter what I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back