Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I have a Gigabyte z170x UD5 TH Mobo and using the intel hd530 graphics with Bios version 5, I installed High Sierra from a fresh install and am getting those screen flickers as the HD530 is showing 4mb.

I've read various posts about and seems this is a common issue but nothing has worked from the similar guides I've followed.

Everything else works apart from the UBS 3 ports (not tried usb c yet) but I guess I can wait for that until I've sorted the graphics (unless someone knows a simple method)

My SMBIOS is 14,2 as per multibeast but I've been told 17,1 might better for my set up although I'm reluctant to mess about again until I get the graphics sorted then can clone then change.
I've been at this for 5 days trying various ways and getting black screen at boot up etc but now I can boot from clover straight from my internal ssd.

attached are the config.plist and some screen shots

Any Help would be much appreciated as I'm starting to lose my mind!!

I think I've got the right kexts and they are in my "other folder" and have deleted all the empty folders before 10.13 but obviously missing something, have messed about with ig-platform-id & inject intel on and off and nothing changes.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 05.09.54.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 05.09.54.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 05.12.03.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 05.12.03.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 05.22.03.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 05.22.03.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 42
Hi All,

I have a Gigabyte z170x UD5 TH Mobo and using the intel hd530 graphics with Bios version 5, I installed High Sierra from a fresh install and am getting those screen flickers as the HD530 is showing 4mb.

I've read various posts about and seems this is a common issue but nothing has worked from the similar guides I've followed.

Everything else works apart from the UBS 3 ports (not tried usb c yet) but I guess I can wait for that until is out the graphics (unless someone knows a simple method)

My SMBIOS is 14,2 as per multibeast but I've been told 17,1 might better for my set up although I'm reluctant to mess about again until I get the graphics sorted then can clone then change.
I've been at this for 5 days trying various ways and getting black screen at boot up etc but now I can boot from clover straight from my internal ssd.

attached are the config.plist and some screen shots

Any Help would be much appreciated as I'm starting to lose my mind!!

I think I've got the right kexts and they are in my "other folder" and have deleted all the empty folders before 10.13 but obviously missing something, have messed about with ig-platform-id & inject intel on and off and nothing changes.

Thanks in advance!
use 17,1 as that is for skylake

also don't inject intel in config.plist

is probably not needed anymore:
-disablegfxfirmware

Ok Great, will try those. Should I change the SMBIOS from Clover Configurator or using Multibeast?

Thanks
you can edit your config.plist in clover configurator to make those changes

you can edit your config.plist in clover configurator to make those changes
Nothing has changed but I've been able to reboot so that's one thing! I've attached my new config.plist, in rtvariables the SMBIOS is 17,1 as changed but system is still 14,1 does this make a difference?

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 52
Nothing has changed but I've been able to reboot so that's one thing! I've attached my new config.plist, in rtvariables the SMBIOS is 17,1 as changed but system is still 14,1 does this make a difference?

Thanks!
may want to look into hackintool and this to setup your platform ID

and this won't be needed then:
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x19120000</string>

may want to look into hackintool and this to setup your platform ID

and this won't be needed then:
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x19120000</string>
Ok thanks, will look into it now.
I appreciate your help so far!!!!

Am I right in saying I should delete the Kext “fakepciid_intel_hd_graphics.kext” before I start?
yes as i am sure that is already mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back