Contribute
Register

Skylake 6700k temperature up to 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also have you got it plugged into the CPU_FAN header? If it's on a SYS_FAN header that could be the issue.

Actually This Water pump takes one input and pump's cooler(radiator) takes another one. But ups... it seems i've inserted pump into CPU_FAN and cooler into SYS_FAN. Now i've counterchanged them.

Now Hack is much more quieter, but temp numbers are still high. I am on the way to shop to buy some thermal paste. Will let you know later how it goes.

Thanks guys.

I have three water coolers from Zalman and Corsair in the past with no problems. So could be defective and might want to send it back for a replacement.

Now I went with CoolerMaster LiquidMaster Pro 240 as they make their own water cooler with dual chamber design avoiding Asetek patents. All others such as Corsair, Thermaltake, Zalman, etc. use OEM water coolers from Asetek.

Solved! It seems that water block was not tight enough on CPU.
I removed it and i saw that only one side of CPU was smeared with thermal paste. So placed new portion of thermal paste and tighten all the screws above water block.

This is my result when HACK is idle:
Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 16.32.10.png

And this when 4K video is in rendering process on Adobe After Effects:
Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 16.36.53.png

Hahahahah!

Resume:
pay attention to your water pump inputs - FAN cable must be plugged into CPU_FAN and pump to SYS_FAN input on motherboard.

Also use new real thermal paste - don't struggle with that default minimal layer of paste on water block.

Thanks! Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back