Contribute
Register

Skip Intel MEI Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't boot in safe mode, keeps restarting.

Which kext should I try removing? The framebuffer one?

I can't boot in safe mode, keeps restarting.

You probably have some other issue then... (bad EFI/Clover setup, config.plist, bad kexts installed, etc).

I don't think so. This USB is the one I have always used when I wanted to reinstall OS X back then.

Can I use Clover's 'Block kext' feature to prevent the framebuffer kext from loading?

I don't think so. This USB is the one I have always used when I wanted to reinstall OS X back then.

Can I use Clover's 'Block kext' feature to prevent the framebuffer kext from loading?

You can block graphics drivers from loading by using a bogus FakeID (0x12345678).

That worked! I could boot the installer. Thanks.

Now that I am sure my USB is good, I need to find a solution for the graphics which I don't know how :(

That worked! I could boot the installer. Thanks.

Now that I am sure my USB is good, I need to find a solution for the graphics which I don't know how :(

Try a fresh install and see where you get...

Doing that now :)

Well, I installed OS X but now I cannot boot with the correct FakeID :(

Well, I installed OS X but now I cannot boot with the correct FakeID :(

Like I already mentioned, without IMEI, you would need safe mode or delete the graphics accelerator kext. Of course, you lose QE, but then you can focus on trying to patch for it and see what you have.

For me, I would not bother. Even with the skip MEI patch, there are further downstream bad side effects...

IMHO: You need a new laptop (or new motherboard in this one). BTW, sometimes installing Windows (and the MEI driver) can fix a broken IME. As well as flashing original BIOS.

I was told that MEI lies in a different region the firmware than the BIOS so flashing BIOS won't help. The only option I got is to patch the kext to skip MEI check which I cannot find out how :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back