Contribute
Register

Skip Intel MEI Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to find a kext that the current patch works with and see where I get.

I was told that MEI lies in a different region the firmware than the BIOS so flashing BIOS won't help. The only option I got is to patch the kext to skip MEI check which I cannot find out how :(

A few have fixed it by flashing BIOS. BIOS update flash often includes MEI updates.. (I've seen the logs when updating my desktop BIOS).

Hello,

I found this kext that the string used in the patch exists in, can you please take a look and tell me what I should do?

Attachments

• AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip
    180.7 KB · Views: 111
I tried following your notes, but I am not sure I know enough to 'disassemble' kexts and create new ones o_O
I would be grateful if you can provide a patch for the new kext according to this kext/patch. :)

Hello,

I found this kext that the string used in the patch exists in, can you please take a look and tell me what I should do?

For the 10.11.5 kext:
Find: ff90d005000084c00f846d020000
Replace: ff90d005000084c0eb4190909090

You can also set Disabled=true (or it might be integer 1) in the Info.plist.

My laptop still wouldn't boot if I enable the Arbitrary patch for the graphics card, I am attaching my CLOVER folder for you to see if I'm missing anything.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 89
My laptop still wouldn't boot if I enable the Arbitrary patch for the graphics card, I am attaching my CLOVER folder for you to see if I'm missing anything.

Did you boot without caches?
Why is FSInject missing from drivers64UEFI?

Well, the original patch author told me that it's never possible to have graphics acceleration without the MEI device and the patch was for something else... :(

Although I know it's not possible but I will try to find a way to update/flash the MEI firmware...

Thanks anyway.

Well, the original patch author told me that it's never possible to have graphics acceleration without the MEI device and the patch was for something else... :(

Although I know it's not possible but I will try to find a way to update/flash the MEI firmware...

Thanks anyway.

OS X relies on MEI Controller with it you won't have no graphics. Boot into Windows and look if the a Engine Management Controller in Device Manger or boot into OS X and either looks in ioreg or DCPI Manager.

OS X relies on MEI Controller with it you won't have no graphics. Boot into Windows and look if the a Engine Management Controller in Device Manger or boot into OS X and either looks in ioreg or DCPI Manager.

The problem is that I messed up with the bios and ended up flashing it again, after that I can no longer see MEI detected in neither OS X nor Windows!
I don't actually know what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back